Windows 10 Creator's Update messed up ReClock

Discussion in 'ReClock' started by MonarchX, Apr 10, 2017.

1. andy o

andy o Well-Known Member

I think people who are seeing this "fixed" when switching to 24Hz instead of 23Hz in their graphics card are just experiencing a happy coincidence. ReClock reads the display refresh as 24.000, so it adapts the media speed for that refresh. But the graphics card will most likely not be refreshing at exactly 24.000, so the real fix for now it's just to use windowed mode.

2. Thomas Wilms

Thomas Wilms New Member

Ok, what do I have to do under 1703 to make it work again? I only use Reclock and MPC-HC.

3. andy o

andy o Well-Known Member

The problem discussed in this thread has to do with madVR's fullscreen exclusive mode. The fix for that is to switch to windowed mode and clear timings database in ReClock. What problem are you having?

4. andy o

andy o Well-Known Member

@James do you think it could be possible/feasible to add an option to input manually the refresh rate of the display? That would be an acceptable workaround for most people, if ReClock can't detect the refresh in the new Windows 10 version, which seems to have messed up a bunch of exclusive mode stuff, not only madVR/ReClock but games as well.

5. Thomas Wilms

Thomas Wilms New Member

Four week ago I updated my Win10 to 1703. From that point on Reclock didnĀ“t work with MPC-HC anymore (red-green blinking icon, syncing a 23.976fps movie to 25fps). I downgraded to 1607 and everything was ok again. Can someone confirm that Reclock with MPC-HC is working under 1703?

6. Syst3mSh0ck

Syst3mSh0ck New Member

Try installing PowerStrip 3.9 to see if ReClock reads the video hardware refresh rate data correctly. It seems that Microsoft deprecated or broke the current API being used in Windows 10 Creators Update.

7. el Filou

el Filou Well-Known Member

Finally updated to Creators Update and ReClock 1.9.0.6 works fine.
    I'm using madVR in Windowed mode with D3D11 presentation and it's perfect (GeForce 1050 Ti, driver 385.41).