• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 10 1809 update: Known issues

I do not think ( I am not sure) that its affecting rigs that are DIY builds. Just a guess.

For the time being Microsoft has pulled 1809 while they investigate. The roll-out is on hold.
Three PCs each manually updated, without a single problem.

Having a smooth upgrade never seems to be newsworthy.

I do not think ( I am not sure) that its affecting rigs that are DIY builds. Just a guess.
My 3 PCs are all DIY rigs, parted together. 3 PCs that have zero issues after manually doing the 1809 upgrade.

I'm going to hold off for now, just to safe. Couldn't force an update now even if I wanted to with the build being pulled.

Neowin: Here's how to check if you lost any data after the October 2018 Update and what to do next

If you have files in your Docs folder still, none were deleted.

— Dona Sarkar (@donasarkar) October 6, 2018

A new series of tweets by Windows Insider Program head Dona Sarkar shed some light on what users should now do. Firstly, in order to check if you've lost any data as a result of the update, you can simply head over to the Documents folder on your PC. If you still have files there, you weren't one of the unfortunate few to have been affected. If there are none, then, sorry bud, you've been jinxed.

#WindowsInsiders If you've run into the "missing files after update" issue for 1809/October 2018 Fall update, please call our support line. They have the tools to get you back to a good state. This build is no longer available to download manually: https://t.co/Ce9WVILknp pic.twitter.com/fvisQi1c8g

— Dona Sarkar (@donasarkar) October 6, 2018

Thankfully, there do seem to be some things you can do, and your data might be recoverable. As Dona points out, the first thing you should do is contact Microsoft support, as they might be able to, as she puts it, "get you back to a good state."

MS 1809 has been pulled from MSDN as well now Just for everyones info.

Neowin: Microsoft issues fix for users suffering from loss of audio on Windows 10 [Update]

As per Reddit reports and Microsoft's support forums, the latest victim to the feature update is audio. Some users report a loss of audio while gaming, while others are suffering from a total lack of audio. There are also reports of Windows 10 showing no audio drivers, at all. The issues seem to emanate from the latest Patch Tuesday updates, when Microsoft finally restarted its rollout of the October 2018 Update albeit to the Slow and Release Preview rings.

Update: Microsoft has now acknowledged the issue; the problem arose from Windows Update incorrectly pushing Intel Audio Controller version 9.21.0.3755 to users. Microsoft recommends uninstalling the offending driver in order to fix the problem, and has provided a useful guide here.

Update: Microsoft has now issued a fix via Windows Update that should remedy any audio issues you're having. The problem arose from installing the Intel Smart Sound Technology driver (version 09.21.00.3755), and the new KB4468550 update from Microsoft should fix it. You can get it by either going to Windows Update and checking for updates, or download it manually using this link.

The way the bugs are rolling out for Version 1809 I would be very surprised to see it relaunched before Christmas they released a additional patch they sent out for the upgrade problem which caused HPs to get the BOD and now the Audio problem.

They think they have one problem fixed and two or three more come up.

For what I do on a computer, I have not noticed one glitch in the new 1809.

For what I do on a computer, I have not noticed one glitch in the new 1809.
One of my PCs, the 32-bit Intel 2 Core Duo machine, Win 10 Home, seems to have one minor issue. 1809 is a bit more memory and processor intensive than the previous version. Context menus are a bit more sluggish than before with things like trying to create new folders.

Overall 1809 is working without introducing more bugs than MS fixes.

One of my PCs, the 32-bit Intel 2 Core Duo machine, Win 10 Home, seems to have one minor issue. 1809 is a bit more memory and processor intensive than the previous version. Context menus are a bit more sluggish than before with things like trying to create new folders.

Overall 1809 is working without introducing more bugs than MS fixes.
I havent owned a 32 bit computer since 64bit became available but my son has an old 32bit lappy that he keeps in the kitchen and it wont even update to 1809 LOL.

I havent owned a 32 bit computer since 64bit became available but my son has an old 32bit lappy that he keeps in the kitchen and it wont even update to 1809 LOL.
It's my main DVD ripper/burning machine, with all of 2 GB of DDR2 mem.

It went from Win XP to Win 7 to Win 10. I've replaced several DVD burner drives in it as they've gotten worn out from use. My other two PCs are i5 64-bit four core Win 10 Pro machines, they are what I do other things on. Like playing games and fiddling with program coding.

Maybe this X-mas I will have enough saved up to get a newer machine to do my DVD/Bluray ripping on. Will still be a refurbished older model from the local PC repair/recycle shop.

Fudzilla: Windows 10 update has another over writing bug

In 1809, overwriting files by extracting from an archive using File Explorer doesn’t result in an overwrite prompt dialogue and also doesn’t replace any files at all; it just fails silently. There are also some reports that it did overwrite items but did so silently without asking.

It will not be a problem if you use a third-party app for archives, such as WinZip, WinRAR or 7-Zip, but you might want to double-check your file operations until Microsoft releases a fix.

Back