• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

windata 6x

vamsilak

hi guys
whoever have lg ggw-20hl bluray burners ,ever tries windata 6x
mine is nt burning

That drive probably doesn't like that brand of blanks (its a crappy brand). try a quality brand like verbatim or tayo yuden.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Been using the 4X Windata for years in three LG burners almost without issue. One or two batches had some verification issues, and the flaws were visible - oops. Latest LG for me is a WH14NS20, but the 8 and 10 like them too. The one I just dropped into the WH14 is reported by ImgBurn to be a PHILIP-R04-000; not sure, but they are probably the same with 6X just a relabelling (since ImgBurn reports "Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x"). Then again, the 4X are being sold by MC for 2x as much as the 6X in 25 pack. WTF?

Take a serious look at whether a firmware upgrade might fix your burner for those disks. YL07 (05/2011) looks like the most current. I think my WH08LS20 has an older (2009) firmware than the YL07, and my two newer burners really can work with more disks; you might just need a newer burner.

EDIT: I'm wrong on a couple of counts. Windata 6x appear to be made by AVIC UMEDISC (HK) LIMITED and are UMEBDR-016-000, not the PHILIP-R04-000 made by Moser Baer India Ltd.. Also found a list of supported Media Codes for the YL07 firmware, and the UME 016 is not on the list. So, not expected to burn at all. Recognized by my WH14NS20, though. Certainly not Verbatim or Panasonic, but still better than burning Ritek, anyway... <EG>

Last edited:
Been using the 4X Windata for years in three LG burners almost without issue. One or two batches had some verification issues, and the flaws were visible - oops. Latest LG for me is a WH14NS20, but the 8 and 10 like them too. The one I just dropped into the WH14 is reported by ImgBurn to be a PHILIP-R04-000; not sure, but they are probably the same with 6X just a relabelling (since ImgBurn reports "Supported Write Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x"). Then again, the 4X are being sold by MC for 2x as much as the 6X in 25 pack. WTF?

Take a serious look at whether a firmware upgrade might fix your burner for those disks. YL07 (05/2011) looks like the most current. I think my WH08LS20 has an older (2009) firmware than the YL07, and my two newer burners really can work with more disks; you might just need a newer burner.

EDIT: I'm wrong on a couple of counts. Windata 6x appear to be made by AVIC UMEDISC (HK) LIMITED and are UMEBDR-016-000, not the PHILIP-R04-000 made by Moser Baer India Ltd.. Also found a list of supported Media Codes for the YL07 firmware, and the UME 016 is not on the list. So, not expected to burn at all. Recognized by my WH14NS20, though. Certainly not Verbatim or Panasonic, but still better than burning Ritek, anyway... <EG>
Thankyou
One thing I found out my LGburner can write/burn upto 4x and 6x id only LTH discs that one of the problem....next one is I ben using 4x blanks and suddenly they stop working .. checked firmware its YL07 ...seems like the burmer is givng up so I went and bought new one and iam changing the discs brand too
thanks guys

windata is a crappy brand and LTH disc are no longer being manufactured. When they first started to come out hardly any drive supported burning them and that has never been increased. I think they stopped actively manufacturing them a few years ago. There's only 1 brand i use with my LG drives, and that Verbatim. LG + Verbatim = killer combo. I use it for all my blanks, DVD+R (DL), CD-R, BD-R,... verbatim all the way

Back