• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Win 11

BLACKBIRDxx

Just a heads up as I didn't see any others posting on this as I'm running a insider version of win11. I cant get any hd movie backups to run using Powerdvd 18 also tried VLC and the trial version of 21. I get a video card driver error ( tried a card and onboard video both) same error and says to run the bd advisor which i did and says everything ok. Also I'm running on unsupported hardware (no secure boot or tpm) not sure if this could be a issue or not. Curious to see if any others here that upgrade to win 11 have any problems. Blu ray discs will play but I cannot get any backups to play.

Not an anydvd issue. Anydvd is not affected by video drivers, nor is it affected by secureboot (anymore) or the presense or absence of a TPM. This is a third party product playback problem. You're gonna have to wait until your GPU video driver gets updated with W11 support (closer to the RTM version) or contact cyberlink.

Probably simply because it is still preview and therefore there are bugs and not every function inside.
Can you tell us the graphic card you are using? I've read articles that Intel and later Nvidia released Win 11 compatible drivers, so you may look for an update. In addition check your Windows version number using winver or Win+Pause (settings page). I've seen another article (https://winaero.com/windows-11-insider-preview-build-22000-100-released/) that Microsoft released Build 22000.100 yesterday, so you may update this as well and try again.

Besides that, maybe VLC and PowerDVD are simply not compatible with W11 as well like many other programs and this may not change till it is on the release preview channel or publicy available, so you could try another player like MPC-HC and so on.

But still it can be an AnyDVD issue as it may be not detect W11 properly or has to be update to work with it as I cannot see anything about W11 in the changelog.txt. Unfortunatly I cannot tell if it worked for me as I only installed W11 in a VM to try the new design and the features, never used a program inside the VM.

But still it can be an AnyDVD issue

No it cant. as this is the actual issue.
I cant get any hd movie backups to run using Powerdvd 18 also tried VLC and the trial version of 21. I get a video card driver error
Video driver errors when trying to play something with pdvd or vlc, are not an anydvd problem but a problem of the driver developer or the playback programs

No it cant. as this is the actual issue. Video driver errors when trying to play something with pdvd or vlc, are not an anydvd problem but a problem of the driver developer or the playback programs
True, I did not clarify: It can still be an AnyDVD issue if he wants to play a protectet iso where AnyDVD is requiered to run in the background.
But if the image or folder is not protected then of course it is not.

No it still can't. If pdvd or VLC were used to try and play an encrypted image, they'd throw warning about the content still being copy protected. Not throw a driver error.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

No it still can't. If pdvd or VLC were used to try and play an encrypted image, they'd throw warning about the content still being copy protected. Not throw a driver error.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
This is also true and I know that. But since I never had such an issue (graphics card) I am not sure if they will even try to play the video and show the protection error or directly say no the driver is wrong and show no protection error at all.

Probably simply because it is still preview and therefore there are bugs and not every function inside.
Can you tell us the graphic card you are using? I've read articles that Intel and later Nvidia released Win 11 compatible drivers, so you may look for an update. In addition check your Windows version number using winver or Win+Pause (settings page). I've seen another article (https://winaero.com/windows-11-insider-preview-build-22000-100-released/) that Microsoft released Build 22000.100 yesterday, so you may update this as well and try again.

Besides that, maybe VLC and PowerDVD are simply not compatible with W11 as well like many other programs and this may not change till it is on the release preview channel or publicy available, so you could try another player like MPC-HC and so on.

But still it can be an AnyDVD issue as it may be not detect W11 properly or has to be update to work with it as I cannot see anything about W11 in the changelog.txt. Unfortunatly I cannot tell if it worked for me as I only installed W11 in a VM to try the new design and the features, never used a program inside the VM.

The card is a ati r7 200 series

The card is a ati r7 200 series
Ok then, I've not read that AMD released a W11 compatible driver yet. So you may either wait till they do or ask their support if they can give you more information.
I don't know anything about AMD graphic cards, but I took a quick look on Wikipedia and they seem to be a bit old. So I have no clue at all if they even will get updatet drivers or not. As example Nvidia recently dropped support for old graphic cards as well, so AMD may do it too.
Random article from google about Nvidia dropping support for older cards: https://www.makeuseof.com/nvidia-driver-support-geforce-gtx-600-700-gpu/

Ok then, I've not read that AMD released a W11 compatible driver yet. So you may either wait till they do or ask their support if they can give you more information.
I don't know anything about AMD graphic cards, but I took a quick look on Wikipedia and they seem to be a bit old. So I have no clue at all if they even will get updatet drivers or not. As example Nvidia recently dropped support for old graphic cards as well, so AMD may do it too.
Random article from google about Nvidia dropping support for older cards: https://www.makeuseof.com/nvidia-driver-support-geforce-gtx-600-700-gpu/
Thanks, well I believe tomorrow the official win 11 releases so will see if others have any problems or not. I do have a nvidia card i can try also. The bd advisor from powerdvd showed everything working correctly and it did play the blu ray disc also. Only fails with a virtual drive.

well I believe tomorrow the official win 11 releases
What? No, it will come out somewhere around October. There are only insider builds at the moment.

it did play the blu ray disc also. Only fails with a virtual drive.
Oh in that case it is the software you use to mount the iso. Which one do you use? Windows itself or a third-party one?
Try Virtual Clone Drive and I use WinCDEmu on Windows 10. There are plenty others you can try as well, just google it.
Of course be aware of adware and so one some might have.

What? No, it will come out somewhere around October. There are only insider builds at the moment.

Oh in that case it is the software you use to mount the iso. Which one do you use? Windows itself or a third-party one?
Try Virtual Clone Drive and I use WinCDEmu on Windows 10. There are plenty others you can try as well, just google it.
Of course be aware of adware and so one some might have.
Yeah you're right about the release date. I use Virtual Clone Drive. Tried the nvidia card and same result. Guess will have to wait tell the official release and see what happens.

I use Virtual Clone Drive
Can you try it with windows itself please? If Virtual Clone Drive is your default setting for iso files, than right click on the iso and select Windows Explorer. Then Windows itself will mount your iso.

Guess will have to wait tell the official release and see what happens.
Yes, or maybe a Dev Preview or Release Preview will already include a fix for it. Not sure about Virtual Clone Drive as I never used it, but maybe it requires an update to be compatible with W11, same for Power DVD and/ or VLC.

So for me if the iso with Windows Explorer will not work than I can't think of where the issue might be.

Unbenannt1.JPG

is it w11 ready or not, the CPU I7 7700X is not the worst in the ranking, if you take as a basis which CPU is listed as compatible :confused:

@DaveO88 It's not. That tool is a lot more accurate than the default microsoft one (it was so buggy it got pulled). While it may very well RUN it (fine to smooth) your system will NOT be given the automatic upgrade option because of that CPU unless microsoft changes the system requirements. Official support starts with 8th gen CPU's

:mad:

well let's see if I can get another / newer CPU for my board

Can you try it with windows itself please? If Virtual Clone Drive is your default setting for iso files, than right click on the iso and select Windows Explorer. Then Windows itself will mount your iso.

Yes, or maybe a Dev Preview or Release Preview will already include a fix for it. Not sure about Virtual Clone Drive as I never used it, but maybe it requires an update to be compatible with W11, same for Power DVD and/ or VLC.

So for me if the iso with Windows Explorer will not work than I can't think of where the issue might be.
Same thing happens using winCDEmu. VLC is unable to open the MRL, is the vcl player error. Both players will play a blu ray disc

:mad:

well let's see if I can get another / newer CPU for my board
LOL, that's exactly what MS wants. Throw away all your good hardware and buy new just to run win 11. I was mainly experimenting with 11 as I noted its running on unsupported hardware and a dev version. I think my cpu is 5th gen anyways. 11 runs fine on the older hardware just they wont allow it with their new security BS. Ill end up sticking with 10 till end of life support if it doesn't work. Just curious if anyone else was able to get it working.

I probably won't ever get Windows 11 unless they properly support multiple monitor displays or a third-party solution arrives. W11 and W10 are almost the same (for the time being, at least). Also, if anyone wants the original Windows PC Health Checker I'll attach the installer below as Microsoft stopped providing it. Let me know if it works or not, not sure if it will work or not etc. I haven't bothered touching the installer file since I got it, but the application still works. Personally, I don't think it's that great lol, and I think Microsoft agrees with me.

I probably won't ever get Windows 11 unless they properly support multiple monitor displays or a third-party solution arrives. W11 and W10 are almost the same (for the time being, at least). Also, if anyone wants the original Windows PC Health Checker I'll attach the installer below as Microsoft stopped providing it. Let me know if it works or not, not sure if it will work or not etc. I haven't bothered touching the installer file since I got it, but the application still works. Personally, I don't think it's that great lol, and I think Microsoft agrees with me.
I didn't attach the file to the original post. :confused:
I think it may not have worked as I am on slow WiFi currently.

(Incase it fails again, accept the Discord attachment link alternative: Discord Link)

Back