• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

win 10 build 1809 lg wh16n40 reads, burns, won't play br.

Bubbator

win 10 build 1809 lg wh16n40 reads, burns, won't play br. Partial or total loss of function of optical drive is a known issue with 1809 update. This is with or without anydvd, including original br disk. But clonebd preview does play!
I discovered this when I burned a disk with clonebd. I usually only get 11.6k burn speed but this disk peaked at 70000k!? It settled at 18.9k (which I never got before). Wouldn't play so I re-burned with imgburn after discarding the "coaster" I never checked if it would play on my other drive, since it burned in a very few minutes. I put imgburn created disk on my read drive, a venerable tsst sh-b123l combo litescribe drive where it plays just fine.
So I checked the buy date of my lg and figured it was time for a new one. Same issue. Set old one aside for a spare.
The work-arounds on the web are mostly not applicable.
I think I need to roll back to 1803. Are there any members out there who solved this?
Thanx!
B
ps: It took me this long to get 1809 installed. It won't install on my other pc so I can't usr the cloud clipboard feature anyway! :banghead:

Thanks for your post.
I have two of the LG WH16n40 and have the same problem. They both have firmware version 1.03. I would have never known about it until reading your post.
The original will start to play then hangs up and has that click, click, click searching noise.
Burned a copy of the same disc and it plays fine using the free version of Leawo Blu-ray player.
Notified LG tech support and emailed Microsoft and have not yet got a reply from either of them.
It's not a big issue with me because I never play the movies on my computer, but know that's not right and would like to see a solution.
Will post back if I hear anything back from either LG or Microsoft.
Thanks again for your post, at least I know it's not only my computer and I won't be scratching my head trying to figure out what's wrong. (y)

I got a reply back from LG support on this problem. It said they have a had a few reports on this issue.
They suspect it is some Blu-ray player software won't work with the Windows 1809 update and suggested I try playing it with "CyberLink Blu-ray player"
I don't have that program, but do have Nero Blu-ray player installed on my computer, but have never had to use it before.
I played the same disk that failed before and it plays with no problems using Nero so the Leawo software was the problem in my case. Tried both my LG players and two different movies and both play fine using Nero.
If you have another Blu-ray player software installed you might try that.

urgh.
I have pdvd pd for! kodi won't, vlc won't.
Glad nero work 4 u!
B

Thanks Bubbator.
Now if I could find a way to roll back the firmware to 1.02. to make the drive friendly again.
I know there was a post about that, but have lost track of it.

You mean for UHD? I haven't taken that plunge yet. Our drives are not for UHD. It sounds like a bear to get the right drive with the right firmware to work, Expensive, too. New TV, new double price drive, dump my AMD APU HTPC for Intel integrated graphics [required to play original disk, at least, with suitable motherboard, CPU, cable] and the copies have to be handled with gloves according to some post here. Original disk playback is necessary, I beieve because decryption is not universal yet. (AFAIK).
I think firmware on our drive just handles newer blank media?
Can any experts comment?
B

Back