• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will Virtual CloneDrive ever be updated to support Nero .nrg ISO/Images?

SLKabaker

I have used Nero since version 5 through 9. In those years, I made several backups of music CDs. Nero use to include it's own Virtual Drive and during that time objected to third parties making their Virtual Drives from supporting .nrg ISO/Image files.

Starting with Nero 9, they no longer include or make a Virtual Drive. Having Windows 7 (x64), this makes it difficult to load an earlier version. Plus, I use SlySoft now (for the most part). I contacted Nero about the problem with them no longer producing a Virtual Drive for their ISO/Image files. The response from Nero was to use third party Virtual Drives.

Now that Nero seems to be okay with third party Virtual Drives supporting .nrg ISO/Image files, will there be an update to Virtual CloneDrive to enable full support of .nrg ISO/Image files?

Thank you.

Now that Nero seems to be okay with third party Virtual Drives supporting .nrg ISO/Image files

Are they? (Daemon Tools doesn't count, as the Nero drive was made by them).
Do you have the specification for the .nrg file format?

If you are interested in supporting the nrg format why not just ask the authors for permission & specification yourself ?

@Gummigutta
I'm pretty sure ahead won't make it public but after a kind request and maybe a non-disclosure agreement i'm confident they will share the required information.

Last edited by a moderator:
@James,
I do not have the specification for .nrg ISO/Image Files. I thought I had read on either Slysoft's website or Elaborate Bytes' website that Virtual CloneDrive once had support for .nrg files but that was back when Nero had their own virtual drive and Nero sent Elaborate Bytes a "request" to remove said support. I had assumed that the spec for .nrg files was already in "your" possession.

If you do not currently have the specification, I will rephrase my question to: If you had the spec for .nrg ISO/Image Files, would you update Virtual CloneDrive with it?

What are the proper channels to go through to obtain such information, regarding the .nrg specification?

Use alcohol 52% or dt lite

Alcohol should work, dt lite im not sure

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

Just a FYI concerning the *.nrg format.
Wikipedia has a small article concerning nrg.
Just do a search on "NRG" and select "NRG (file format)"
There is a listing of emulating utilities which support the format.
You should be able to use some of those to mount your archive and convert them using SlySoft's product line.

Back