• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will this PC setup cut it with HD DVD Playback?

ibglowin

Long time user of AnyDVD, just upgraded to AnyDVDHD. I have a Dell P4 2.4GHz machine with 1GB RAM

Grahics card is an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 with 128MB. It has a DVI output and I am connected to a 23" Insignia HDTV

I am running Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra 7.1

I have an XBOX 360 Drive connected. I have tried everything to play back King Kong from the disc or hard drive and its a no go. Cyberlink gives me an incompatible graphics driver error message.

Do I need a newer card with more (say 256MB) video ram?

Will the CPU even cut it or am I kidding myself?

The Cyberlink BD/HD advisor says the CPU is not up to snuff as well as the graphics driver (which I updated today to the latest but it still doesn't seem to like it)

Lastly it says my display connection type is incompatible (Digital with no HDCP)

Would it be cheaper to just go buy a Toshiba HD DVD player? I am seeing the A2 for $369 with free shipping.

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I already have $200 into the XBox drive (which I can return to Wallymart) and now I would need a $100+ new video card and the CPU still wouldn't cut it. I may just pick up an A2 and be done with it. I have a MyHD tuner card in this guy and it will record and playback full rez OTA HD just fine. The only other thing I use this guy for really is to back up by DVD's.

Thanks again,

Back