• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will Slysoft support both HD-DVD and Blue Ray?

Sweet, I didn't know that you knew how to program. How geeky are you with computers? No offense.

More than I care to admit. :D I've been using computers since I was 7. Started out on a Vic 20. That's actually when my interest in programming started. From that age I knew what I wanted to do in life. I'm the first person everyone in my circle of friends comes to for any kind of computer advice. I really enjoy working with the machines.

More than I care to admit. :D I've been using computers since I was 7. Started out on a Vic 20. That's actually when my interest in programming started. From that age I knew what I wanted to do in life. I'm the first person everyone in my circle of friends comes to for any kind of computer advice. I really enjoy working with the machines.
I'm pretty intelligent with computers myself, it's good to know that this forum isn't just full of n00bs. No offense to n00bs.

I'm pretty intelligent with computers myself, it's good to know that this forum isn't just full of n00bs. No offense to n00bs.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Forums like this help you get up to speed rather quickly which is great. I've learned a lot from forums like CDF and of course this forum now. Always nice to be around people that are so knowledgeable. Learning is great. :)

Everyone has to start somewhere. Forums like this help you get up to speed rather quickly which is great. I've learned a lot from forums like CDF and of course this forum now. Always nice to be around people that are so knowledgeable. Learning is great. :)
I like helping out beginners so that they can properly use Slysoft products and pass on the information to help others. Because you're right, everyone has to start somewhere.

Sony Blu ray Disc will go with VC-1

Just read Sony Blu ray Disc will go with VC-1 coding, Starting sometime late June 2007. Can someone confirm this.

Just read Sony Blu ray Disc will go with VC-1 coding, Starting sometime late June 2007. Can someone confirm this.

I can't confirm it, but, it'd be a very good move on their part if they did. It'll vastly improve their image quality.

Blu-ray titles from Warner are already encoded with VC-1. I don't believe you'll see VC-1 with the "Blu-ray exclusive" studios anytime soon.
Even Paramount (format neutral) encodes the HD DVD titles with VC-1, the Blu-ray titles with MPEG2 or MPEG4-AVC.
Sony Pictures just started to move from MPEG2 to MPEG4-AVC.

Blu-ray titles from Warner are already encoded with VC-1. I don't believe you'll see VC-1 with the "Blu-ray exclusive" studios anytime soon.
Even Paramount (format neutral) encodes the HD DVD titles with VC-1, the Blu-ray titles with MPEG2 or MPEG4-AVC.
Sony Pictures just started to move from MPEG2 to MPEG4-AVC.

As long as they move away from mpeg2 I consider it a good thing. Yes, I'm glad they kept MPEG2 in the standard, but, I never honestly expected them to actually USE it for new stuff. The other two codecs are by far more useful for HD video.

Maybe, but I can't see licensing costs remaining a factor forever. The difference will become negligable, eventually. And even now, there's still the advantage that the other codecs have better compression than MPEG-2, allowing you to get more bonus content onto a disc alongside the movie without going to a second disc.
As I understand it, licensing cost would be one more reason for everyone but Sony Pictures to *stay away* from MPEG-2. It has the highest licensing cost (but Sony Corp grabs a big chunk of that). M$ doesn't take *all* of the licensing fee for VC-1, there're several splitting that money as well.

Back