• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will non HDCP BD playing continue to work?

damnskippy

My PC is not HDCP compliant, I watch almost as many movies on my PC as my plasma though so I want to add a BD drive. I had planned on using AnyDVD to allow me to get around the HDCP problem. When I started looking into what drive I wanted to get I found that it seems that it is becoming harder and harder to do what I want with AnyDVD.

So my question is: Is this going to continue to work? I don't mind so much if I have to wait on an update of AnyDVD for the latest titles as long as that can actually happen.

I am speaking of both playing directly from the media and from a server (hard drive). I have a 3TB server (4 1TB drives in RAID5) with lots of SD titles I like to watch and want to put some of my BD stuff on there as well.

Thanks for your input.

As far as I know, the only problem with not being able to play from a hard drive like you want to do is the later versions of PowerDVD, not AnyDVD. I think that the latest version of PowerDVD (not sure about the new one about to come out though) will still play mounted ISO images, so that would be the way to store your ripped movies on your server. Because of the new updates to include Profile 1.1 support, and eventually Profile 2.0, there is no guarantee that future versions of PowerDVD will continue to supported mounted ISO playback. However, with new competition from the Arcsoft player (and perhaps eventually open source software players), it is possible that PowerDVD may once again support HDD playback in order to be competitive once again.

Thanks Turtleggjp for the info. I am going to get the same drive (LG H20L) at least depending on the answer to the question below.

What about playing direct from disk while using AnyDVD because I am not HDCP compliant? I would like to add some to my server but if I can't I can live with that but I want to at least be able to play from the disk.

Thanks Turtleggjp for the info. I am going to get the same drive (LG H20L) at least depending on the answer to the question below.

What about playing direct from disk while using AnyDVD because I am not HDCP compliant? I would like to add some to my server but if I can't I can live with that but I want to at least be able to play from the disk.
It works, of course. That's the point of AnyDVD HD.

Thanks James, I have used AnyDVD for years with SD it just seemed from a lot of posts that even playing from the HD?BD media with AnyDVD was not working well anymore. So I was worried that it was not going to be something that would continue to work.

So are the issues coming into play when trying to RIP the HD/BD movie to a hard drive and not when just playing it from the media to get around HDCP compliance (not even trying to remove region coding)?

Last edited:
Back