• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will Ferrel- Stranger Than Fiction?

ItsMeRich

I tried and tried and I still get FAILED TO READ , when i open in dvd shrink, using any dvd hd latest build yada yada.. anyone knwo why this disc isnt working maybe?

THANK YOU!

I tried and tried and I still get FAILED TO READ , when i open in dvd shrink, using any dvd hd latest build yada yada.. anyone knwo why this disc isnt working maybe?

THANK YOU!
Please try the 21 day free trial of CloneDVD2 available here and let us know how you make out.

does clone dvd2 work with vista?

Yes, all Slysoft products work with Vista

Again, please read Read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=885 fully please

"If you just want the main movie, do this:
Right click on Anydvd on the toolbar, and select "rip-video dvd to harddisk". After you're finished ripping you should be able to import the main movie only into Shrink (Click "reauthor" and then browse to the location of the video_ts folder. Then drag and drop the main movie over to the left)."

Of course an alternate solution for folks who want to use DVDShrink is to use RipIt4Me to rip the title until AnyDVD is modified to remove the intentional defects inserted by Sony into new titles such as "Stranger Than Fiction", rather than relying on CloneDVD2 to handle them.

You only need something other than Anydvd if you want to produce a full disc backup--rather than a main movie only backup.

Using "rip video-dvd to hard disk" is also a faster solution (as is using Clonedvd to rip) than using Ripit4me.
For that matter, I believe DVDfab Decrypter is also faster than ripit4me.

Last edited:
You only need something other than Anydvd if you want to produce a full disc backup--rather than a main movie only backup.

Using "rip video-dvd to hard disk" is also a faster solution (as is using Clonedvd to rip) than using Ripit4me.
For that matter, I believe DVDfab Decrypter is also faster than ripit4me.

I frequently like to include some of the extras, if there is room without compressing the main title. And quality is my focus - not speed - I'm willing to take a few minutes more with RipIt4Me to get a perfectly clean and dvd standard compliant rip to work with. I don't sit in front of the machine watching it process anyway . . .

And quality is my focus - not speed -

If you prefer quality, it seems to me you wouldn't be compressing at all (which is why I use Clonecd/Anydvd and Verbatim +R DL; I refuse to transcode, much less encode anymore).

Last edited:
Backup copy quality

If you prefer quality, it seems to me you wouldn't be compressing at all (which is why I use Clonecd/Anydvd and Verbatim +R DL; I refuse to transcode, much less encode anymore).

Yes - life is full of compromise decisions. My focus is certainly quality. But I'm not willing to pay for double layer media, nor splitting a title across multiple media if at all possible. This just doesn't make sense for a copy that will travel to a mountain cabin, bounce around in my airline carry-on bag, etc. So - think of me as wanting the best quality I can get on single layer dvd media. I generally start with the movie title and remove any audio or subtitle options I don't care about. If that results in the need to transcode to fit it on a single layer media, so be it. If the movie title fits with room to spare without transcoding, I may add "extras" to fill the media.

I thought we were having a reasonable discussion here - but now you're just being silly - and stubborn.

If someone wants the absolute best single layer backup, it seems reasonable to me that he or she would be using an encoder, at the very least. And if not, then the claim that someone wants the best "quality" makes little sense to me.

I don't fault people for using Shrink--but they're not getting the best quality by using it.

I did, actually, at one time, consider buying Procoder along with Dvd Rebuilder, but in the end, time spent (and the cost of Verbatim +R DLs fell in my area) encoding would have bothered me too much.

And I suppose I'm being a little stubborn, yeah . . .

Last edited:
I don't fault people for using Shrink--but they're not getting the best quality by using it.

And I suppose I'm being a little stubborn, yeah . . .

Ya? :D :D You knew what he meant.

People using Shrink are not getting "the very best quality". But using the old scale of diminishing returns, factoring in cost of the software and time it takes to work, they are getting *amongst* the best quality for the time and money invested.

-W

Back