• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will CloneDVD Work With PAL Format?

BDL

I have a DVD in PAL format. Can anyone tell me if it is it possible to make a copy of it in NTSC format that my equipment can read? Perhaps a silly question but I am new to all of this and really don't know the answer.

I have a DVD in PAL format. Can anyone tell me if it is it possible to make a copy of it in NTSC format that my equipment can read? Perhaps a silly question but I am new to all of this and really don't know the answer.

No. Clonedvd will not convert PAL to NTSC. No Slysoft product will do that.

Check out the net for translation programs

I know there are translation programs out there that will convert to NTSC from PAL.

I have had good luck using 1ClickDVD Copy and ripping to my hard drive by individual chapter,then editing in a new stream with power producer when the audio and video get out of sync. Not elegant, but it's free for me as I already have the programs.

There are a list of programs that will do NTSC to PAL or PAL to NTSC. Some are easier or better than others. VSO ConvertXtoDVD used to be my favorite [due to ease of use but not necessarily the best quality] but due to their stealing code I can no longer use nor recommend any of their software. There's Nero Vision and a host of other program that will do the conversion, as well.

I'd have to say do a web search and experiment with each program and pick which one works best for you. Some programs are easier to use with lesser quality while others are more complex but give you better results.

Personally, the last movie I did a PAL to NTSC conversion on I ripped it as a DVD DL to my HDD then ran it through Nero Vision to convert to NTSC and then compressed it to a DVD-5 using DVD Rebuilder Pro with CCE with 4 VBR passes. It came out beautifully but it took awhile.

Last edited:
Back