• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will Cinavia Bring Hardware And Software Playback DVD/Blu-ray Fans Together?

With Cinavia still on the loose, and corporations not willing to pay the price to remove Cinavia, will the future for DVD/Blu-ray fans who build their own home grown movie back-up disks or put their movie back-ups on the hard drives, will their playback look something like this?

The cheapest and most popular playback with be thru the computer optical drive or the hard drive with a non-licensed software player thru a high end HDMI output graphics card thru HDMI to input HDMI on your HDTV?

And, the cat and the mouse game continues

Well for one thing if Slyce(if that will be the product name) comes out I like to see it get rid of the dreaded Cinavia and allow owners of those Cinavia infected media to do so as they please with their purchased media and not have to ask am I Cinavia infected media.

Considering how long it is taking for Slyce to be released I would not hold my breath for Cinavia removal in the near future. The only way I can see a removal tool in any near time frame is if Slysoft has been working in parallel with Slyce. The first step is getting a production version of Slyce. Maybe this year. Then maybe within the next 2 years a removal tool.

Its not really a fix, because the signal is still present and does not get removed. Anydvd patches the software players and not the signal. Since anydvd can't run on standalones that fix does not work for standalones.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Considering how long it is taking for Slyce to be released I would not hold my breath for Cinavia removal in the near future.

Why not? Maybe Slyce will have Cinavia removal right from the beginning. ;)

Why not? Maybe Slyce will have Cinavia removal right from the beginning. ;)

WHOA! Some very interesting news, indeed! This could be part of the reason for the release delay.

i smell teasing, but sure would be awesome ^^

It has to be a tease. One thing that Frank has been very consistent in saying is that cinavia would not be part of the initial release of slyce. I will be happy just getting slyce released. First things first. Just not confident of this quarter.

It has to be a tease. One thing that Frank has been very consistent in saying is that cinavia would not be part of the initial release of slyce. I will be happy just getting slyce released. First things first. Just not confident of this quarter.

Regardless tease or not if so I would be more then happy to buy a LTL for Slyce when it comes out. And if not I will wait for the option to come to Slyce but that doesn't mean I will not buy it but will buy it still.

I do not care if it is a tease or not. I just want to know when it will be released. Will it be this year, never mind this quarter? If this is not a tease does it then mean that the delay is severe enough that they now have time to add the removal tool and are now just shooting for a 2013 release?

I am just saying, that the "Cinavia Removal Team(tm)" had a major breakthrough, and I am quite confident that we will have a working "Cinavia go away" module ready soon(er or later).

If the "Kick Slyce finally out the door team(tm)" needs even more time, there is a good chance that the first Slyce version might have the "Cinavia go away" module.

But the "Kick Slyce finally out the door team(tm)" certainly isn't waiting for the "Cinavia Removal Team(tm)". This would be very stupid. Every day that passes without Slyce being available, SlySoft loses money. Quite a lot, actually.

James, much appreciated for the peek behind the curtain of Slyce development. :)

F me, that' be awesome. I'd pick me up a cinavia infected player just to test the removal out :D Can't wait.

There will probably be a pick up in sales of dvd/blueray players when Cinavia finally broken. AT least by oldtime members of this site that didn't want an infected machine. Keeping my old players in any case.

Back