• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will AnyDVD work with Samsung SN-S083F or other Samsung notebook drives?

azenz

I got a new Matshita AS DVD drive in my new laptop for which there is no rpc-1 firmware patch. AnyDVD produces an error since this is a rpc-2 drive and I want to play DVDs from different regions! So apparently after reading around I have no alternative whatsoever apart from replacing my notebook dvd drive. I have come across some Samsung drives, and they are inexpensive. Does anybody have experience whether they will work? The AnyDVD error note (I downloaded and used the latest AnyDVD version just today) indicates that Philips and Matshita drives are known to not work, since they enforce region coding in particularly strong (hardware-based) ways. The Samsung drive in question is also rpc-2, but apparently not known to cause so many troubles. Help is appreciated! If this works, I will buy AnyDVD. (Running Windows 7 64 bit BTW).

Hi :)
Matshita are a problem.
The Samsung should be OK.
I have 2 in my current setup along with LG, LiteOn, NEC (Optiarc) & Pioneer.
I am in Region 2 (UK).
I have no problems.
The same should apply to you.

Back