• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will AnyDVD+HD Work with UHD Discs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub

As the title says, can AnyDVD+HD be used to rip a UHD disc from a 1080p blu ray burner to HDD?

Actually, assuming your Blu-ray drive can read the contents of the UHD disc then yes you can use the AnyDVD ripping functions to rip to HDD, but the rip will still be encrypted so of no use.

There's no such thing as a '1080p' Blu-ray drive, just on whether the drive is able to read the layer formats or not

After my experience AnyDVD-HD (8.1.1.0) will not rip 4K / UHD - discs: I have a PC (test-installation) fulfilling all requirements and being able to play 4K/UHD-BD-discs in 3840x2160 by PowerDVD 17, but trying to rip these discs with AnyDVD-HD there is an error concerning the bus-encryption.

Here some thoughts concerning the function of ripping in a future version supporting 4K/UHD-disks:

1. Best would be full functionality as known from AnyDVD/AnyDVD-HD: Playing and ripping a physical disk and playing the ripped copy from storage on (nearly) every PC.
If this will not be possible:

2. Playing and ripping the physical disk only on a PC, which fulfills all the requirements, but playing the ripped copy from storage on (nearly) every PC.
If this will not be possible, too:

3. Playing and ripping the physical disk and playing the ripped copy from storage only on a PC, which fulfills all the requirements.

Even the third alternative would be better than nothing because it allows to make a digital (security) copy and play it at any time and as often as you like without using the physical disk.

AnyDVD can rip them just fine. What AnyDVD cannot do currently is rip them DECRYPTED! there's a difference.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

I have tried on two systems, which have new suitable BD-players - on both systems the disc (Planet Earth II, Disc 1) can be read - and yes, it can be ripped to image (.iso), but not to Harddisk (BD-file-system).

System 1: ASRock 890GX Extreme3, AMD FX-6100, NVIDIA GTX1050Ti, LG BH16NS55:

Summary for drive Y: (AnyDVD HD 8.1.1.0, BDPHash.bin 17-04-03)
HL-DT-ST BD-REBH16NS55 1.02 N000200SIK9KG3A9185
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Drive supports AACS version: 1
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.
Total size: 28214432 sectors (55106 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: PLANET_ERDE_II_DISC_1
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 61
MKB type 48141003 is not supported!
FEHLER bei der Bearbeitung der Blu-ray Disc!

System 2: Biostar Z270 GT4, Intel i5-7600T, Pioneer BDR-XD06J-UHD:

Summary for drive Z: (AnyDVD HD 8.1.1.0, BDPHash.bin 17-04-03)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-XD06U 1.00 17/02/24
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Drive supports AACS version: 1
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.
Total size: 28214432 sectors (55106 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: PLANET_ERDE_II_DISC_1
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
FEHLER bei der Bearbeitung der Blu-ray Disc!

That's because folder ripping requires decryption, which as i said will not work as AnyDVD doesn't handle AACS 2.0 yet.

And there's that key word again "yet".
I've never actually heard you say "it won't" or "it never will".

I know you will probably never say anything on the public forum (who knows who's watching right), but is James even able to do anything with AACS2.0 ?
There's not even any UHD Blu-ray readers here that have been officially released, at least on the North American continent.
So maybe he's got nothing to work with.

And there's that key word again "yet".
I've never actually heard you say "it won't" or "it never will".

I know you will probably never say anything on the public forum (who knows who's watching right), but is James even able to do anything with AACS2.0 ?
There's not even any UHD Blu-ray readers here that have been officially released, at least on the North American continent.
So maybe he's got nothing to work with.
James has not made any official statement about what he can or cannot do with AACS2.0 at the moment, so your best bet is to give him the benefit of the doubt. Once he knows whether he can do it or not, he'll say something. Now that PowerDVD 17 is out, he can finally get to work on it.

James has not made any official statement about what he can or cannot do with AACS2.0 at the moment, so your best bet is to give him the benefit of the doubt. Once he knows whether he can do it or not, he'll say something. Now that PowerDVD 17 is out, he can finally get to work on it.
For sure, but it's the wait that's killing me, and I am sure that goes for others too.
Not much I can do about it though.

I'm not going to say it can't /won't because James said he'd look into it. But no claim was made AnyDVD wouldn't be updated at some point. AACS 2 is just hard to crack die to the requirements and lack of documentation.

For sure, but it's the wait that's killing me, and I am sure that goes for others too.
Not much I can do about it though.

I understand the frustration as well. The inability to copy UHD titles to my Plex server has become the nail in the coffin for UHD BD for me. Don't get me wrong, I love UHD BD for the most part. The HDR and WCG gains can make for an unforgettable viewing experience, but I am just too damn lazy to put the disc in the player it seems. I own around 40 or so titles and I have probably watched less than five all the way through. If and when AACS 2.0 falls I may ramp up my purchasing of UHD discs, but for now I am sticking with standard BD. That said I do still pick up the UHD version of a new title that I was planning to buy on regular BD if the price isn't too much higher. Future proofing.

I understand the frustration as well. The inability to copy UHD titles to my Plex server has become the nail in the coffin for UHD BD for me. Don't get me wrong, I love UHD BD for the most part. The HDR and WCG gains can make for an unforgettable viewing experience, but I am just too damn lazy to put the disc in the player it seems. I own around 40 or so titles and I have probably watched less than five all the way through. If and when AACS 2.0 falls I may ramp up my purchasing of UHD discs, but for now I am sticking with standard BD. That said I do still pick up the UHD version of a new title that I was planning to buy on regular BD if the price isn't too much higher. Future proofing.
For me, no AnyDVD support for decryption = no purchase of disks. If I can't do it my way, I don't do it at all.

Here is a Logfile from my new Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK UHD Drive.

Can @James help me ?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.1.0_Info_D_THE_REVENANT.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2017-05-02 07.38.00.png
    Screenshot 2017-05-02 07.38.00.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 32
What's nice to see is that according to the log it only supports AACS V1 as well so it looks like James may have been reporting the wrong bit of information as he stated in a different thread a few months ago

Well he did say it was only a quick 'hack' :)

At this point if someone has a UHD drive (BDR 211UBK etc etc) are they supposed to post log files?

I guess a few can't hurt now they actual drives are available. They have plenty from before.

There are some rumors floating around about a Ultra HD BD rip of Smurfs 2

I guess that this is not valid - just thought to mention it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back