• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wikipedia

DetroitBaseball

Can someone update the AnyDVD article on Wikipedia and add the AI Scanner to it? I always try to update the versions.

Webslinger won't and never will, for my own reasons. And I'm done discussing this particular issue.

Last edited:
He was getting mass PM's so he turned it off.

True

Again, if people would like to be able to PM me, post the request in the general forum, and I will attempt to accommodate you.

Sorry but a mod can only handle a forum for help and users fail to see that.

It wasn't that so much. If people have technical support requests, they should be posted in the forums so that everyone can help--not just me. Others may be able to respond before I can as well (and possibly the attempt to troubleshoot in the open will benefit everyone; troubleshooting can be a learning experience for everyone; why deny people of the opportunity to learn?). What really annoyed me was people asking me about problems with leaked closed betas. If the beta is closed, I'm not going to attempt to support it--and if people bothered to read my signature they should know not to PM me for technical support requests.

Last edited:
I see now thanks for correcting me. I rarely use it most of the time a user PM's me though it is usually simple to answer though and if it isn't I will reply the same to post in the forum heck that's what it is there for anyway.

Can someone update the AnyDVD article on Wikipedia and add the AI Scanner to it? I always try to update the versions.

there's a wiki for Anydvd?

also is there any documentation on the AI Scanner?
what is it what does it do?
where should i set the "dial" for it?

there's a wiki for Anydvd?

I'd imagine so, especially since Detroitbaseball mentioned it.

also is there any documentation on the AI Scanner?

Not really

what is it what does it do?

It handles nasty structural disc protections . . . the end result is that, in theory, Anydvd should not have to be updated quite so often (but that remains to be seen, of course).

where should i set the "dial" for it?

Whatever the default setting is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AnyDVD

AnyDVD is a Microsoft Windows driver that decrypts and removes content restriction from DVDs on-the-fly. With an upgrade, it will also do the same for HD DVD and Blu-ray. The AnyDVD program runs in the background, making discs unrestricted and region-free. It also disables prohibited user operations, such as fast forward and skip, and allows jumping directly to the main menu or movie. In addition to removing digital restrictions, AnyDVD will also defeat Macrovision analog copy protection. Analog protection distorts the video signal to prevent high quality copying from the output. AnyDVD is also able to remove copy-protection from audio CDs.

As of version 6.1.4.3, AnyDVD has a revised ripper that repairs Sony ARccOS, Macrovision RipGuard, and other structural protections. It ensures strict compliance with third-party tools, particularly DVD Shrink and Nero Recode. The ripper is based on code from Elby's CloneDVD, a product by Slysoft's parent company. Previous versions used a ripper based on FixVTS, but FixVTS was recently shut down by legal threats from Sony.

AnyDVD is outlawed in Germany, as it removes copy prevention from DVDs. The Heise news portal was sued by the record industry for linking to Slysoft's website in a news report. The publisher subsequently countersued with claims of violation of their constitutionally guaranteed freedom of the press and has as of April 2007 lost two appeal proceedings. The case is currently in front of the federal constitutional court.

On February 17, 2007, Slysoft released AnyDVD HD. The program comes with same functionality as AnyDVD, but with additional features for full HD DVD support, including decryption of AACS encrypted HD DVD movie discs. Support for AACS encryption and Region Code removal from Blu-ray discs was added in version 6.1.3.0, released March 5, 2007.
Would be nice if someone could add something about the AI Scanner.

Back