Wikipedia

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by DetroitBaseball, Oct 9, 2007.

1. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

Can someone update the AnyDVD article on Wikipedia and add the AI Scanner to it? I always try to update the versions.

2. Chapman Photography

Chapman Photography Well-Known Member

Webslinger could probaly do that, did try to send a pm?

3. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

He was getting mass PM's so he turned it off. Sorry but a mod can only handle a forum for help and users fail to see that.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Webslinger won't and never will, for my own reasons. And I'm done discussing this particular issue.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  5. Webslinger

True

Again, if people would like to be able to PM me, post the request in the general forum, and I will attempt to accommodate you.

It wasn't that so much. If people have technical support requests, they should be posted in the forums so that everyone can help--not just me. Others may be able to respond before I can as well (and possibly the attempt to troubleshoot in the open will benefit everyone; troubleshooting can be a learning experience for everyone; why deny people of the opportunity to learn?). What really annoyed me was people asking me about problems with leaked closed betas. If the beta is closed, I'm not going to attempt to support it--and if people bothered to read my signature they should know not to PM me for technical support requests.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  6. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

I see now thanks for correcting me. I rarely use it most of the time a user PM's me though it is usually simple to answer though and if it isn't I will reply the same to post in the forum heck that's what it is there for anyway.

7. Tsurani

Tsurani Member

there's a wiki for Anydvd?

also is there any documentation on the AI Scanner?
    what is it what does it do?
    where should i set the "dial" for it?

8. Webslinger

I'd imagine so, especially since Detroitbaseball mentioned it.

Not really

It handles nasty structural disc protections . . . the end result is that, in theory, Anydvd should not have to be updated quite so often (but that remains to be seen, of course).

Whatever the default setting is.

9. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AnyDVD

Would be nice if someone could add something about the AI Scanner.