• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wii Problems

MCharlie

My Grandson's Wii with a BD external disk drive, will not play *any* BD Clone. It is an older Wii, purchased at least 10 years ago. The age of the BD player is unknown. The next time I am there, I will try and get a model number and manufacture date of the player.

Not much info, I know, but, I was hoping that someone, here, might have experienced the same issue and have a suggestion.

(Once I get the model and date info, I will see of there are any firmware updates available, if so, update accordingly.)

Thanks!

(ATTEN Mods: As usual, with my thinking, this possibly IS a BDC issue, [I am not cloning correctly??] but if not, feel free to delete or move to the appropriate topic!

Many thanks!!

MC

My money is on the drive / Wii. That thing is a game console, not a licensed bluray player. Highly unlikely to be a CloneBD issue. Slysoft didn't have a product called BD Clone.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

My money is on the drive / Wii. That thing is a game console, not a licensed bluray player. Highly unlikely to be a CloneBD issue. Slysoft didn't have a product called BD Clone.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

OOPS! I never get my mords wixed up (o_O)...Clone BD it is..Sorry. As for the Wii/Blu-Ray player. It plays BD movies just fine, but only originals, not the clones. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough..the Blu-Ray player was added later..it did NOT come with the Wii, nor is it a Nintendo product.

MC

Stil points to the console/drive. Can be any number of causes. Incompatibility between console and drive, drive can't play backups at all, drive doesn't like the brand of blanks you're using,... Try a backup in a real standalone / software solution. If it plays there. CloneBD definitely did it's job and the problem is with your device(s)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

My Grandson's Wii with a BD external disk drive, will not play *any* BD Clone. It is an older Wii, purchased at least 10 years ago. The age of the BD player is unknown. The next time I am there, I will try and get a model number and manufacture date of the player.

Not much info, I know, but, I was hoping that someone, here, might have experienced the same issue and have a suggestion.

(Once I get the model and date info, I will see of there are any firmware updates available, if so, update accordingly.)

Thanks!

(ATTEN Mods: As usual, with my thinking, this possibly IS a BDC issue, [I am not cloning correctly??] but if not, feel free to delete or move to the appropriate topic!

Many thanks!!

MC

This must be a modified Wii as the standard ones cannot play any media. To date Nintendo has not released a games console that can play any type of disc (other than game discs) including CD's, DVD's or Blu-ray's. This is the same with the newer Wii U, which was something I was initially surprised at. As it must be modified in some way and additionally have unofficial media playing software, the problem may lie here.

The Wii has an external Blu-Ray player connected to it. They (He, actually, my grandson) watch(s) Blu-Ray movies all the time with that. I am going to get all the info on the player and when I do, I will check for updated firmware for it, and if there is, I will update it and see if it then recognizes the clone BD's.

MC

The Wii has an external Blu-Ray player connected to it. They (He, actually, my grandson) watch(s) Blu-Ray movies all the time with that. I am going to get all the info on the player and when I do, I will check for updated firmware for it, and if there is, I will update it and see if it then recognizes the clone BD's.

MC

I'm intrigued, even with an external Blu-Ray drive plugged into the Wii, the Wii must have some software to play the Blu-ray discs. As Nintendo have not licensed the Wii to play DVD's, Blu-rays or CD's then there must be some customization in the Wii to accept software to play the Blu-ray. The only way I have seen to play films on the Wii is by converting the films into a format the Wii knows and sticking them on an SD memory card. What software is your grandson using to play the Blu-Ray films?

Yarc..I honestly don't know..I do know they bought it new when ever it came out, and about 5 years ago, they bought the BD player and used it. I have never seen the setup, only what they tell me. The next time I am at my daughter's house, I am going to look at the system and get an accurate visualization of the setup and go from there.

MC

Yarc..I honestly don't know..I do know they bought it new when ever it came out, and about 5 years ago, they bought the BD player and used it. I have never seen the setup, only what they tell me. The next time I am at my daughter's house, I am going to look at the system and get an accurate visualization of the setup and go from there.

MC
I think that is a good idea as it is an unusual setup.

In the mean time, I think it is time to put this thread to bed, as *I* am pretty sure, the issue isn't with CloneBD (Got it right this time Ch3v! :D)

MC

I'm intrigued, even with an external Blu-Ray drive plugged into the Wii, the Wii must have some software to play the Blu-ray discs. As Nintendo have not licensed the Wii to play DVD's, Blu-rays or CD's then there must be some customization in the Wii to accept software to play the Blu-ray. The only way I have seen to play films on the Wii is by converting the films into a format the Wii knows and sticking them on an SD memory card. What software is your grandson using to play the Blu-Ray films?
IIRC the Wii cannot display HD and has only analogue video outputs.

IIRC the Wii cannot display HD and has only analogue video outputs.

That is correct. It's a pity the Wii U was not licensed to play Blu-ray as that would be HiDef. I guess there may be some Wii U hack by now to overcome it.

It is not supposed to use a external BD with nintendo Wii. It is a dvd video game console. So it appears to be a hacked console

Back