• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wii discs

delgadob

The younger side of my family has a knack of soiling, destroying and otherwise screwing up the original Wii discs.

Does anyone here has a way to duplicate the disc with any of the SlySoft software?

Thanks for info.

The shadow

You can use CloneCD instead of Nero in the method described here.

But note that you MUST Have a specific drive, as mentioned in the tutorial.

But CloneCD can not burn the wii game on its own,
And if you want to play the copied game you must have a modchip in your wii.

Good luck

I think the specific optical drive you need is a BenQ brand.

The disc will require you to make changes (modifications AKA "mods") on the Wii so that it can read it.

A soft-mod is possible on most Wii systems, but it's actually more difficult than the current generation of "drive chips." It is possible to install a specific modified IOS layer on the Wii, and a homebrew application allows you to rip the Wii games over the network to your computer. When I went through all the trouble of doing that, the homebrew application would display a web address on your TV screen (based on the Wii's local IP address, like "http://192.168.1.102/"). There, you will find a link to the ISO file. The homebrew software on the Wii rips / decrypts on the fly while you are downloading via HTTP.

Newer chips interface with the Wii and the Wii's optical drive using the existing internal connectors and ribbon cable, so there is no soldering or modification of the existing hardware...only an internal add-on device.

The main limitation of drive chips is that backup discs will be read at 3x instead of 6x. This is usually not noticeable with most Wii games anyway.

Last edited:
Back