• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wierd Issue - new User

Damager

# What version of Game Jackal are you running? Latest version, but cannot actually check.
# What operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack? Vista, all latest updates, 32 bit.
# If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecd Tray, and VSO's EZ Play (comes with Blindwrite). These are programs that are typically blacklisted by copy protections. None.
# Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.) None.
# What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number. Question isn't about any specific game, but I'm trying to use with Civ4 and Red Alert 3.
# What is the name of the game you're trying to run? See above.
# What is the version of the game? Latest version.
# Is it cd or dvd version? DVD
# What region or country is the original disc from? NA - US
# What cpu are you running? Core 2 Duo 6400
# What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader? 2 DVD / CD drives - 1 Plextor, 1 Optimarc (Sony).
# What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers. Microsoft OneCare.
# Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages. My problem is that there is something wrong with the way Game Jackal runs on my system. I can run it, and double click the tray icon to open the main window. But in the main window there is NOTHING but game Jackal Logo and what looks like a menu area on the left of the window. There are no menu items at all. I've attached a shot of the window. I can't see or use any menus at the top of the window either. I've tried dragging several game icons to the window, with no success at all - nothing happens. You input would be appreciated.
# Turn on Advanced logging. Cant see menus to do this.

Attachments

• Jackal Image.jpg
    Jackal Image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 15
CopyProtection:
Red alert 3 = SecuROM v7.37.0012
Civilization 4 = SafeDisc v4.60 or v4.81 (depends on the Game Version or Addon!)

Cheers,
BurnerHEAD

This issue is related to the DPI setting of Windows. For some reason, we see this happen on a limited number of user's machine... however to date we haven't been able to replicate it here.

Can you report your video card type, screen resolution and DPI settings. Please post anything else you think may help.

Details as requested

I'm running a Nvidia GeForce 8600GT and a 24" monitor.

Resolution is 1920 x 1200.

I'm running a "Custom Scale" font size of 101% (default is 96%, large is 120%).

All we can do is to try and replicate the issue here... if we can we will make changes for the next release. However in the meantime, the only other option at this point would be to set the DPI back to default.

OK - I set to Default and it is now working.

Thanks.

Semi-fixed. I uninstalled Game Jackal, deleted the directory under program files (x86), rebooted.

Reinstalled, selected theme 3 (previously used the default theme 1) and rebooted.

I ran GJ and it appears to run fine. The only oddity is that the "create profile" wizard looks wrong. It almost looks like the dialog has been zoomed in about 20% and centered where the extra space falls off the dialog. It is still usable.

Here is a time line of my system:
*Vista x64 (no service pack) and nVidia 320GTS
*GJ trial install
*GJ full purchase
*Vista SP1 install
*upgraded to ATI 4870
*Upgraded to 23" monitor, changed DPI settings
=Noticed GJ's dialog was "empty"

I am running Vista x64 with the latest version of GJ (3.2.5) and the ATI drivers (9.2 I believe) as of today

Hope this helps you track the issue down.

Last edited:
Semi-fixed. I uninstalled Game Jackal, deleted the directory under program files (x86), rebooted.

Reinstalled, selected theme 3 (previously used the default theme 1) and rebooted.

I ran GJ and it appears to run fine. The only oddity is that the "create profile" wizard looks wrong. It almost looks like the dialog has been zoomed in about 20% and centered where the extra space falls off the dialog. It is still usable.

Here is a time line of my system:
*Vista x64 (no service pack) and nVidia 320GTS
*GJ trial install
*GJ full purchase
*Vista SP1 install
*upgraded to ATI 4870
*Upgraded to 23" monitor, changed DPI settings
=Noticed GJ's dialog was "empty"

I am running Vista x64 with the latest version of GJ (3.2.5) and the ATI drivers (9.2 I believe) as of today

Hope this helps you track the issue down.

What DPI setting are you running?
Is GJ ok if running a standard DPI setting?

at 120 dpi, and theme 3, it is usable but the create profile dialog looks zoomed in and some of the controls that I'm guessing are supposed to be off screen are visible on the edges (such as the half moon progress image and the 2nd page, etc.)

At standard DPI (96) GJ has no graphical issues.

Now that I think of it, it is almost like the twips per pixel calc is being honored by some controls but not others.

Back