• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why......

MCharlie

....do I need AnyDVD HD?

Thanks...

MC

....do I need AnyDVD HD?

Thanks...

MC
That is a question only you can answer. You have been on this forum for a while. If you have used it in the past, why would you think you do not need it?

I only used it to clone DVD's. I no longer use DVD's, only BD. But, I see that I have to have ANYDVD HD to decrypt BD's before I clone them...As I said there, after spending hte moeny for Clone BD, I am not happy to have to spend another small fortune on ANYDVD HD just to use CloneBD.

MC

You were all for it a while back.
Count my support in! I am real good at asking all the dumb questions that drive people like James and Ch3v nuts! :ROFLMAO: Been doing it since the early days of CloneDVD and AnyDVD, then AnyDVDHD, and only recently, CloneBD. (Well, wadda ya know..I got it right again! I must be slipping. :eek:)

MC
Or were you thinking that the developers would continue making improvements/updates without being paid? We are/were all in the same boat.

Oh, I like CloneBD. But the reality of life is, why should I (or anyone) spend the amount of money that *both* programs cost now, rather than just buy another factory BD? It's not like they run 30-40 bucks anymore, heck many are now found in Walmart's 5 buck bins. Economics, ya know.

I also don't remember anything being said that in order to use Clone BD, ANYDVD HD was required. Of course, since I already had ANYDVD HD, I may have shined that one on. The only thing I was aware that it was needed for, was to disaffect Sony's copy protection, and even that was at a cost, a loss of decent sound. A 100 bucks will buy a lot of BD movies. For me The clone was simply for watching a favorite movie when we were camping or traveling, so the originals were not put in harms way.

I will say this. Economics what they are, very few people are going to send upwards 200 dollars U.S. to clone movies. Eventually, the lack of customers will close the doors to a great program. Old man Kresge had it right gang, when he said "I would rather sell 10 of something at a dollar, than one of that item for 10." Amazing how he turned that philosophy into one of largest brick and mortar stores in North America ( Kresge's 5 and 10, which eventually became KMart and then Sears Holdings)

Even there, his philosophy is the company's doom, as it can't compete with Walmart and their even lower prices. Economics, again.

I wish the Fox well. Clone BD is a good program, just not worth the money now that the re-purchase of ANYDVD HD is needed.

Oh yeah...

BAM.!

MC

CloneBD isn't just for shrinking, it for converting to other formats as well. I use it to convert all my Blu-rays to MKV files which means I can then play them back on pretty much any device I have from laptop to TV and store those files on a central NAS box which gives everyone in the house immediate access to any movie or TV show they want across the network and no one has to dig out an original disc to play anything.
If going away I can also copy those files I want onto a USB pen or external hard-drive and take them with me to play on route or when I get there. In this age less people sit down and watch from a physical disc, people want access to their films from all their devices.

As to having to have AnyDVD HD to be able to use CloneBD then no it's not required to use CloneBD, but you do need to use some third party software to remove the encryption from the disc before you can clone, shrink or convert to another format, same goes for most of the cloning/shrinking programs as they only work with unencrypted discs, that way they aren't illegal to sell. Software that allows you to copy or shrink a disc isn't illegal in it self so the copy-protection groups can't go after them as they are doing nothing wrong. As soon as you add in the ability to remove copy-protection they have a legal way to shut you down.
AnyDVD HD isn't just for Cinavia (which by the away isn't Sony proprietary) It also removes the AACS (which is on every commercial Blu-ray) and BD+ (mostly used by Fox run studios), it also helps with those disc that use playlist obfuscation and puts back in the correct playlist when making a copy.

Another thing to point out is that CloneBD is made by a completely different company and is not owned by Redfox, it's owned and made by Elby (Elaborate bytes), who also sell it direct on their website. Redfox is a reseller for Elby, and therefore CloneBD license will not be affected by the demise of Slysoft. At this point in time the only license that needs renewing is the one for AnyDVD.

The fact that people have been quite happily buying both AnyDVD HD & CloneBD for the past year or so until this issue with Slysoft being shutdown shows that you are wrong about people paying out for both, there used to be a discount for buying both so it didn't cost $200, but at the moment they are having to try and work out how they can do that with the current payment methods

Since you say you're using clonedvd, you should know that it cannot process copy protected material. Clonedvd is a 100% legal application, CloneBD is exactly the same, it cannot process copy protected material. Clonedvd needs anydvd to remove the protections, so does CloneBD.

Oh, I like CloneBD. But the reality of life is, why should I (or anyone) spend the amount of money that *both* programs cost now, rather than just buy another factory BD? It's not like they run 30-40 bucks anymore, heck many are now found in Walmart's 5 buck bins. Economics, ya know.

I also don't remember anything being said that in order to use Clone BD, ANYDVD HD was required. Of course, since I already had ANYDVD HD, I may have shined that one on. The only thing I was aware that it was needed for, was to disaffect Sony's copy protection, and even that was at a cost, a loss of decent sound. A 100 bucks will buy a lot of BD movies. For me The clone was simply for watching a favorite movie when we were camping or traveling, so the originals were not put in harms way.

I will say this. Economics what they are, very few people are going to send upwards 200 dollars U.S. to clone movies. Eventually, the lack of customers will close the doors to a great program. Old man Kresge had it right gang, when he said "I would rather sell 10 of something at a dollar, than one of that item for 10." Amazing how he turned that philosophy into one of largest brick and mortar stores in North America ( Kresge's 5 and 10, which eventually became KMart and then Sears Holdings)

Even there, his philosophy is the company's doom, as it can't compete with Walmart and their even lower prices. Economics, again.

I wish the Fox well. Clone BD is a good program, just not worth the money now that the re-purchase of ANYDVD HD is needed.

Oh yeah...

BAM.!

MC
When you purchased Clone BD you would have known that a decryption program was needed also. You posted your support for AnyDVD HD and now indicate that you don't. It was made perfectly clear in this forum that Slysoft had shut down as a company and that new licenses would need to be purchased for RedFox to be viable.So what were you supporting? Clone BD was not seeking support and I would like to know what decryption program you are using to get CloneBD to work. BAM?

I only used it to clone DVD's. I no longer use DVD's, only BD. But, I see that I have to have ANYDVD HD to decrypt BD's before I clone them...As I said there, after spending hte moeny for Clone BD, I am not happy to have to spend another small fortune on ANYDVD HD just to use CloneBD.
MC
Problem here is CloneBD as others mentioned requires a Decryption software like Anydvd HD to work. And Without a RedFox license you will not get OPD access as that was shutoff as of May 21, 2016 for Slysoft Anydvd HD. So if you want to continue backing up your BD then you will have to buy Anydvd HD RedFox license to get access to the OPD to insure CloneBD works still. That have this posted on the RedFox Purchase/Download page as stated.

AnyDVD HD does to DVD and Blu-ray what plain old AnyDVD did to DVDs. So, do you want your Blu-rays decrypted so you can back them up, watch them on an HTPC without the extra garbage, etc, as you did with DVDs in the past? If the answer is yes then that's your answer.

If it comes down to cost I can understand but if AnyDVD had value before why would AnyDVD HD suddenly not?

At the present time, the cost of a lifetime subscription to AnyDVD HD is approximately the same cost as six Blu-ray new releases or three trips to the theater with the family, based on what I spend.

I have spent more on a single bar tab than I have on my lifetime subscription to AnyDVD HD.

The price is really nothing to complain about in the grand scheme of life, especially since James and friends deliver amazing value for that price.

I buy blu-ray disks, my Deadpool has just arrived. I bought Star Wars 7, Spectre etc etc because I'm not a pirate.The thing is I want to format shift it so I can play it back on my smart TV, my Ipad and my phone because I don't want to haul my disks out every time I want to watch it. I have over 400 DVD's and 200 blurays in storage so they don't clutter my house. My collection is stored on a 16TB Home server. My TV room and bar is clear of everything except my TV and my playback equipment. It's worth the money to me.

The fact here is that you need it, AnyDVDHD is essential to use CloneBD, McCharlie asked the same question in the CloneBD forum. I answered him. The conversation is redundant, You need AnyDVDHD to use CloneDVD2, and you need it for CloneBD. Fact. Thank you. Moving to the Gen Chat as this section is for issue using AnyDVDHD.

Back