• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why use +R blank media?

I find that I have less problems with the DVD - R. The + R just gave my burner a fit and ended up throwing away more bad DVD's than I actually kept.:agree:

That's probably because you're using junk blank media and not changing the booktype to "dvd-rom". As it is you're using Memorex anyway, which is (mostly) junk.

Last edited:
I'm new to this forum, but have been burning DVDs for several years. I had an older Panasonic set top DVD Recorder That would not play +Rs unless they were book typed.

I'm surprised so many people failed to home in on this part. You're 100% correct. +R media must be booktyped for compatability with some players - particularly older players. That's it... the whole story in your case.

-W

This particular Panasonic DVD recorder has +R locked out in the firmware. It's a few years old and it says in the manual that it will not play +R. They are right, unless it is booktyped to -ROM.

no one has yet mentioned the fact that the +r spec has better built-in error correction than the older _r spec, so you are less likely to get a read error, all other things being equal.

Back