• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why Slysoft has to conquer BD+

I believe "cracking" is the wrong approach. Our own BD+ VM must be implemented in the AnyDVD kernel mode driver. It will take a while, is a huge amount of reverse engineering, development and testing work, and all this just to show Fox the finger.
I suggested to my boss that we charge 30$ upgrade price for AnyDVD BD+. ;)

Honestly, I think it is only fair if it takes vast amount of time to develop.

The last time you guys charged an upgrade for HD and Blu-Ray people were complaining. If you did it for BD+ people would really be complaining.

The last time you guys charged an upgrade for HD and Blu-Ray people were complaining. If you did it for BD+ people would really be complaining.

Yes but we all got over it and paid the company, supply and demand.

I can see the point on a user end but at the same time I can see a point at a business end too, so with that said these types of cases are kinda like a gamble.

I believe "cracking" is the wrong approach. Our own BD+ VM must be implemented in the AnyDVD kernel mode driver. It will take a while, is a huge amount of reverse engineering, development and testing work, and all this just to show Fox the finger.
I suggested to my boss that we charge 30$ upgrade price for AnyDVD BD+. ;)
I think it would be well worth the 30.00USD if it can be done successfully. You will save that alone on the first disc.;)

Fair enough

I think it would be well worth the 30.00USD if it can be done successfully. You will save that alone on the first disc.;)

Yeah $30 seems far enough to facilitate a proper approach to unlocking BD+

Yeah $30 seems far enough to facilitate a proper approach to unlocking BD+

How much are BD movies? Everything new costs and things come down in time too. 20.00 USD seems more better but I have no control on this, and it is those buying and supporting blu-ray titles that are wanting this. If everyone would just buy HD-DVD's. :agree:

How much are BD movies? Everything new costs and things come down in time too. 20.00 USD seems more better but I have no control on this, and it is those buying and supporting blu-ray titles that are wanting this. If everyone would just buy HD-DVD's. :agree:
It was $30 for HD-DVD and Blu-Ray so $20 for BD+ seems fair.

It was $30 for HD-DVD and Blu-Ray so $20 for BD+ seems fair.

I meant titles but yea I googled that and saw the prices now. Really 20.00 USD does seem fair as they just (more less) popped out the HD version not too long ago.

So, we'd purchase another option? Would this now be called AnyDVD HD BD+? ;) I'm not sure if James was serious or was saying it in jest when he mentioned paying for BD+ support.

The problem I have is that while it was never said that AnyDVD HD would support BD+ it was a natural assumption that if it would handle BD & HD movies [and even BD+ down the road being that BD+ is part of BD discs and AnyDVD HD supports BD] and to ask for yet another upgrade could definitely raise the ire of many many users.

Personally, I'd say give BD+ support as a free upgrade to existing customers and fold BD+ support right into the AnyDVD HD option. Raise the price of the AnyDVD HD option and new customers who hadn't previously purchased the HD option will pay more to offset the development cost. Instead of the current 30 USD price for the option make it maybe 50 USD? I am sure many more licenses will be sold once BD+ is dealt with.

These are my own personal opinions. I'm just giving my 2 cents.

Personally, I'd say give BD+ support as a free upgrade to existing customers and fold BD+ support right into the AnyDVD HD option. Raise the price of the AnyDVD HD option and new customers who hadn't previously purchased the HD option will pay more to offset the development cost. Instead of the current 30 USD price for the option make it maybe 50 USD? I am sure many more licenses will be sold once BD+ is dealt with.

These are my own personal opinions. I'm just giving my 2 cents.

I can agree with that and yes there is no way in telling if he was just joking or not.

Wouldn't it be ironic if these HD - DVD's or BD's or BD+'s just fade out quickly like the original laser discs? :D

Wouldn't it be ironic if these HD - DVD's or BD's or BD+'s just fade out quickly like the original laser discs? :D

Frankly, high definition is amazing but with AACS handled and when BD+ finally gets dealt with I, personally, think the next new technology isn't far off. I can see the current HD & BD formats being abandoned for a newer money-making format that is more spectacular and has even newer more controlling protection mechanisms.

[SARCASM]

Maybe they'll require every device to have 100% internet connectivity where your name, address, birth date, etc all tied to the hardware. In essence anything played on the player would be monitored and anything considered a no-no would result in a cease and desist along with your player bricking itself. Remember the customer isn't always right... the Industry is.

[/SARCASM]

The scary thing is I am being sarcastic but I can honestly see them doing it, too.

Anyway, I'll stop here.

Frankly, high definition is amazing but with AACS handled and when BD+ finally gets dealt with I, personally, think the next new technology isn't far off. I can see the current HD & BD formats being abandoned for a newer money-making format that is more spectacular and has even newer more controlling protection mechanisms.

[SARCASM]

Maybe they'll require every device to have 100% internet connectivity where your name, address, birth date, etc all tied to the hardware. In essence anything played on the player would be monitored and anything considered a no-no would result in a cease and desist along with your player bricking itself. Remember the customer isn't always right... the Industry is.

[/SARCASM]

The scary thing is I am being sarcastic but I can honestly see them doing it, too.

Anyway, I'll stop here.

Again you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge. Yes I can see that happening but will the public go for it? There was talk of this happening to HD/BD but the public responded too if I remember right.

Again you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge.

Don't confuse speculation, conspiracy theories and a touch of paranoia for proof of knowledge. ;)

Yes I can see that happening but will the public go for it?

Who cares what the public will go for? People already caved and bought HD & BD. People can piss and moan and complain but at the end of the day many will still shell out the money and let themselves get ****** by the Industry even if they won't admit to it. If they slowly phase out DVDs and abandon HD & BD that would leave the new & improved soul-owning format as the only recourse. Do anything naughty and the Industry will take your soul.

There was talk of this happening to HD/BD but the public responded too if I remember right.

I seem to recall this but my memory is poor. Personally, I think what we currently have was too much but they were able to sell it. I see the Industry taking baby steps. "Well, they let us screw them this way already... let's take another step... and another." As long as people still shell out the cash the Industry wins... unless you have a company like Slysoft to level the playing field. But, in the end, regardless of using products like AnyDVD you are still supporting overly-controlling formats when you purchase one of the discs. "Buy it and they will win."

LOL it goes with the old saying: "Build it and they'll come". :D

Try this, go to the local Quickie Mart and tell them that you want to buy gas for the same price as it was selling for last week.:doh:

all i have to say is that AnyDvd HD is a great program, i know there are some very smart and hard working people at slysoft, :bowdown:i just hope that they really can get around BD+ , if they can i will have no problem paying an upgrade fee to add BD+ support, as of now i havent been supporting Blu RAy due to there higher prices of HW and with the bd+ spec,with the unability to back up the disks , (i will not buy any movies that i can not back up on my movie server) so keep up the excellent work sly soft my upgrade fee is waiting:agree:

Back