• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why not this?

Why don't slysoft start doing pre-orders, and allow the people who have pre-ordered the ability to BETA test. It would be beneficial to slysoft as not only would they get income while still developing and get plenty of feedback with any bugs etc that may appear.

I havent delt with slysoft before, but imagine they are not a massive company, with the ability to do extensive BETA tests.

It would also stop alot of moaning and complaining on the forums. I know people should be paitent but i am one of the most paitent people and even im starting to get impaitnent.

Im not trying to get peoples backs up just get people debating on the subject.

i like this idea, it would at least give us the feeling that something is being done...

/carries on waiting...

Yes

I agree; I think the main problem now is that no one knows what's happening: BETA testing would solve that and make all us GJ fans happy.

*time passes*

It's Vista's fault. I am sure they would have had it out if it wasn't for VISTA.

I wish they would release it for XP and and work on Vista in an update. Maybe they can't even develop it for Vista given all the DRM and usage restrictions.

Slysoft Rrelease Game Jackal For Windows Xp - Vista Has Got A Long Way To Go And 99.9% Of Ppl Love Xp More.... The Vista Users Will Have To Wait!

Using Vista Ultimate x32, love it, will never go back to XP, now let me in on the beta testing. Am quite willing to put up my $10us right now.

Slysoft Rrelease Game Jackal For Windows Xp - Vista Has Got A Long Way To Go And 99.9% Of Ppl Love Xp More.... The Vista Users Will Have To Wait!

I say release it for Vista and lets get that sorted so all can enjoy! :D

what might also be a good idea is to at least provide us with screenies to see what the product will look like? maybe they have changed the user interface who knows but if they have i would love to see it...

*like sands through the hourglass so are the days of game jackal...

I don't know why it is taking so long to get it to work with vista if that is the problem.
I have an old copy of game jackal running on vista 32 now.and a friend of mine dose as well.

I agree; I think the main problem now is that no one knows what's happening: BETA testing would solve that and make all us GJ fans happy.

*time passes*

I would agree ... I already have GameJackal but want the update, of course. There must be plenty of pent-up-demand and $$$.

agree, news updating would be most welcome..

even with other virtual drive programs (dt pro?) a 'when its ready' is better than no news at all.. or some screen shots or a progress report..

no news helps noone, especially when we have a quote from the developer saying 'next week' (or words to that effect) easily a week ago, and the 'news release at the end of march' ...

/me looks at the calendar

that, and the web site having the gj page....

all in all quite shoddy really, and it doesnt really give a good impression for old customers of game jackal, or new ones who might be considering buying it..

agree, news updating would be most welcome..

even with other virtual drive programs (dt pro?) a 'when its ready' is better than no news at all.. or some screen shots or a progress report..

no news helps noone, especially when we have a quote from the developer saying 'next week' (or words to that effect) easily a week ago, and the 'news release at the end of march' ...

/me looks at the calendar

that, and the web site having the gj page....

all in all quite shoddy really, and it doesnt really give a good impression for old customers of game jackal, or new ones who might be considering buying it..

I believe the PR or developers quote was " Hopefully next week".

You have to understand that they had to ad a new line of code or codes so they can give you a reg file as well then those with vista are waiting as well for this release too.

I believe the PR or developers quote was " Hopefully next week".

You have to understand that they had to ad a new line of code or codes so they can give you a reg file as well then those with vista are waiting as well for this release too.

Yes, your quote of the devs was correct. I also agree and understand why we need to be patient for a quality release.

However, I believe that evlncrn8's point is that there is no ongoing communication from Slysoft about the product to us, the fans of the program. Like the majority of us here, he probably wants it done right before its released as well.

Personally, I'm not looking for a hard and fast release date. Just some type of regular update...simple things like that are good PR. It wouldn't even need to be that detailed. It could even just say "We're still working on it guys." and would probably satisfy the majority.

I think it's pretty guaranteed Slysoft is still working on it. I doubt any software company would pay to acquire something (code) and not want to use it. At least, what I wrote seems plausible to me.

I don't know why it is taking so long to get it to work with vista if that is the problem.
One thing you all are forgetting... Game Jackal is not a product that SlySoft wrote. It's a product they took over from the original creators.

And no matter how much help you have, taking over some one else's code is never easy or quick.

I know, I've been there before and am doing that now for a product the company I work for acquired a while back.

It's always a long and slow process to learn all the code in program. Especially one as complex as Game Jackal or the one I'm learning are.

That IMHO is what I beilieve is the biggest "slow-down" here.

Last edited:
I suspect the problem is Windows Vista. Most people reading this are probably avoiding Vista due to many devices not having Vista drivers, sound issues(OpenAL means lots of changes), and other problems. While HP is doing ok, someone over there has decided the cost of development for older devices besides the basic functionality is too high.

So, Vista isn't just causing problems for Slysoft, it is causing problems for every company out there that deals with device drivers.

And yes, there is also a learning curve for the people at Slysoft as well, which adds to the problem.

One thing you all are forgetting... Game Jackal is not a product that SlySoft wrote. It's a product they took over from the original creators.

And no matter how much help you have, taking over some one else's code is never easy or quick.

I know, I've been there before and am doing that now for a product the company I work for acquired a while back.

It's always a long and slow process to learn all the code in program. Especially one as complex as Game Jackal or the one I'm learning are.

That IMHO is what I beilieve is the biggest "slow-down" here.

Back