why no support for wmv or h.264

Discussion in 'CloneDVD mobile' started by kyrunner, Jan 29, 2007.

1. kyrunner

kyrunner Well-Known Member

plus we have the appletv coming out we need a appletv preset. we really need h.264 support for ipod and we need wmv so we can stream movies to are xbox360.

2. T-F

T-F Active Member

Yes to WMV support!

I run Vista Ultimate for the Media Center functionality and I chose to use WMV as my standard format. Adding WMV support would be awesome!

3. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

We are currently working on WMV/WMA support.

4. T-F

T-F Active Member

That is awesome news!

Can you make sure to add the option to convert a DVD into a single WMV file - regardless how the movie is encoded (i.e., if the movie is encoded as one stream with seamless cells, it can be coverted to a single WMV file. If there are some non-seamless cells, then it would create multiple WMV files which is bad for me).

Thanks!

5. T-F

T-F Active Member

Update-

I finally found an app that will join/merge WMV without re-encoding...

It is available at http://www.amigoshare.com/mjsintro.html

I tested it and it is very fast (just works at the file level). It definitely does join files w/ the same res/bitrate/fps/etc. and it definitely does not join files that differ in any of these areas.

I tested alot of other "joiners" but they all re-encoded - which took too long and usually altered the original encoded spec and Movie Maker was just too slow.

Definitely worth the $20 and I am hoping SlySoft can generate a single WMV for all DVD types natively in a future version.