• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why I'm not purchasing AnyDVD at this time

My 21 day trial is about to expire. Thought SlySoft & this forum would be interested in knowing why I'm not purchasing at this time.

Replicating discs in the DVD+R format was the reason I became interested in AnyDVD. I have no particular interest in replicating discs in the DVD-Video format.

On my PC, AnyDVD never worked with DVD+R discs. Showed that a disc was in my external drive, but that was all. AnyDVD worked fine with discs having the DVD-video format. As mentioned in a previous post, a faulty Memorex drive seems to be the root cause of my problem.

But since I can't get AnyDVD to work on the discs I'm interested in, I'm not extending my trial.

Suggestions for SlySoft: (1) Is AnyDVD supposed to work on DVD+R formatted discs? If N, spell this out! To the uninitiated (me), "any DVD" means "any DVD". (2) Develop & post a test so that potential purchasers can test the integrity of their drives.

well you are certainly entitled to your opinions, but this post seems to be more about what you don't know about dvd blanks and drives. Anydvd simply removes the protection when a dvd/bluray/hddvd a drive that supports the format type (you cannot rip an HDDVD in a bluray drive). When a disc is put in that does not have any protection, it doesn't do anything to that disc. Are you trying to copy a backup?

Your issue seems to have NOTHING to do with Anydvd and its performance. DVD-video? dvd+r format? what is that? You burn a a backup of a dvd, for example, to either a dvd-r blank or a dvd+r blank. With a dvd+r blank you have the ability to set the booktype for an more compatible backup. Whether the drive reads this disc has little to do with anydvd...

You seem to be blaming what you do not know about dvds on anydvd, when for $20 you can pick up a "modern" pc dvd burner and solve your issue...

How can you blame slysoft. If a disk is not being read it is not software

At the minimum it would give an error but not disk not found.

With all of the updates do you think they would leave a big problem like that unresolved. Slysoft developers do not sit around. I would suspect they spend well over 8 hours a day problem solving
________
Pregnant

Last edited by a moderator:
The OS may be giving this message, not AnyDVD. BUT - The core question missed here, is why is the OP trying to use AnyDVD when his source material is on a DVD+R? My point being that by the time a movie is tranfered to a DVD+R the copy protection is usually already broken to begin with - negating the need to even use AnyDVD to make further copies. Clearly the OP has a drive issue - but we all get that.
-W

The OS may be giving this message, not AnyDVD. BUT - The core question missed here, is why is the OP trying to use AnyDVD when his source material is on a DVD+R?
I can think of many reasons. Subtitle transparency? Removing PUOs? Jump to main menu / title? Remember - AnyDVD isn't just a decrypter, it is "*the* HTPC viewing experience enhancer". ;)
And it works perfectly with recorded DVD+R (-R) discs. It won't touch empty media (the status window may be misleading), and it is good that it does not.

The original poster of this subject has not replyed since the 9th, I guess he must be on a holiday!!

Replicating discs in the DVD+R format was the reason I became interested in AnyDVD.

Then why dont you use CloneDVD? It doesnt sound like your discs are commercial anyway. It doesnt seem like you would need AnyDVD if thats the case

Last edited:
The original poster of this subject has not replyed since the 9th, I guess he must be on a holiday!!

i guess he didnt care for any help he just wanted to complain if he checked back he would see theres plenty of people trying to help him

Don't know if it's too late to help...

But sometimes.. when drives work,then "suddenly" don't.. (for many different reasons)

Follow this guide from MS[/URL] on removing the upper/lower filters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if it's too late to help...

But sometimes.. when drives work,then "suddenly" don't.. (for many different reasons)

Follow this guide from MS[/URL] on removing the upper/lower filters.

No. Don't link that again either please. That guide causes more problems than it resolves, and I really don't need to hassle of telling people to reinstall Slysoft programs after following that guide.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. :policeman:

Back