• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why I support AnyDVD and efforts like it...

dougfoot

"Oops! This movie won't play on your display due to copyright restrictions. It can be played only if both your output and display support HDCP. [#3342]"

I received the above message from Vudu.com attempting to stream a movie I purchased (many new releases come with a digital copy) because the monitor I use isn't HDCP "compliant".

I purchase movies to watch on my spare time on hardware I own, not to worry about if it is "old" or "out of date".

Making it harder for the consumer to use the products they purchase is not a viable business plan.

There are means to accomplish what I want, that's not the point, the point is I shouldn't have to.

For every one who pirates a movie - copying material for financial gain (an activity I abhor), I suspect there are thousands like me who just want to use what they have to watch what they want, when they want to.

I have a physical copy of every movie I put on my server - the physical media has become my backup, it's the copy I use exclusively.

Make a product that give's me the flexibility to do what I want and you have my business.

I have a LTL of AnyDVD, CloneDVDMobile, CloneDVD2 and CloneBD

As many of you have mentioned before me, I didn't make the decision to start buying Blu-rays lightly, and if AnyDVD wasn't there, I wouldn't have made the transition.

Slysoft is just a company, not the developers of the software.

I'm totally onboard supporting the efforts of the developers continuing the work. Nothing else compares to what AnyDVD has been able to do as efficiently.

"Oops! This movie won't play on your display due to copyright restrictions. It can be played only if both your output and display support HDCP. [#3342]"

I received the above message from Vudu.com attempting to stream a movie I purchased (many new releases come with a digital copy) because the monitor I use isn't HDCP "compliant".

I purchase movies to watch on my spare time on hardware I own, not to worry about if it is "old" or "out of date".

Making it harder for the consumer to use the products they purchase is not a viable business plan.

There are means to accomplish what I want, that's not the point, the point is I shouldn't have to.
Not all new Movies are worth buying just because they come on BD. My BD Player Upscale 1080 DVD and looks just fine - I don't have a 60" I am down to earth with a 24" might go 32" but that is my view habits nothing fancy.

For every one who pirates a movie - copying material for financial gain (an activity I abhor), I suspect there are thousands like me who just want to use what they have to watch what they want, when they want to.
Their is such a rule called Fair Use.

I have a physical copy of every movie I put on my server - the physical media has become my backup, it's the copy I use exclusively.
Most already have that they backup because they don't want to break/ruin the original movie.

Make a product that give's me the flexibility to do what I want and you have my business.
Slysoft did that...and people bought and used it.

I have a LTL of AnyDVD, CloneDVDMobile, CloneDVD2 and CloneBD
I got AnyDVD HD....along with LTL

As many of you have mentioned before me, I didn't make the decision to start buying Blu-rays lightly, and if AnyDVD wasn't there, I wouldn't have made the transition.
I only buy them becuase I now have a pre 2012 standalone BD player so no Cinavia infections.

Slysoft is just a company, not the developers of the software.
What?? Did I fall asleep here. They created AnyDVD HD that permits all the other software to work...

I'm totally onboard supporting the efforts of the developers continuing the work. Nothing else compares to what AnyDVD has been able to do as efficiently.
All the buyers of Slysoft/Elby will continue to support them....

What?? Did I fall asleep here. They created AnyDVD HD that permits all the other software to work...
I guess the OP meant "the company is gone, but the developers are there".

I guess the OP meant "the company is gone, but the developers are there".
Exactly, a company is nothing without its talent vs the talent is nothing without the company...
Slysoft is but a company, a name, a brand - it is not the people who wrote the code, answered the support questions, developed the software.
The "company" is gone, but the people remain. I am 100% in support of the developers moving forward, continuing making AnyDVD (or what ever it's going to be called) the best solution in backing up our movie collections.

I received the above message from Vudu.com attempting to stream a movie I purchased (many new releases come with a digital copy) because the monitor I use isn't HDCP "compliant"..

That is just downright nasty. Talk about forcing legitimate customers onto torrent sites.

Just out of curiosity, what movie was it, and, what monitor are you using? Also, how do you have it connected? (VGA, DVI, etc.)?

That is just downright nasty. Talk about forcing legitimate customers onto torrent sites.

Just out of curiosity, what movie was it, and, what monitor are you using? Also, how do you have it connected? (VGA, DVI, etc.)?

The error comes from playing content that has HDCP enforcement, doesn't matter the movie. If I play the movie in SD, I have no issue. I have 76 titles on the site Vudu.com were I have registered the "digital copy" that comes with many of the Blu-ray movies I've purchased.

I have several devices I use, the one in question is a server with a VGA monitor. Since it's not HDCP compliant, I get the error.

I've added a video card that supports HDMI/HDCP and have ordered a solution that will take care of the HDCP handshaking so I can continue to use the VGA monitor. Solutions are there, but why should we be put in such a position in the first place?

A simple HDMI/dvi-to-vga adapter should fix that problem without the need of a graphics card.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

A simple HDMI/dvi-to-vga adapter should fix that problem without the need of a graphics card.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I wish the solution was that simple. HDCP requires a "secure" link between all devices in the chain, from player to display, to play HD content. Sites such as Vudu.com use HDCP and limit HD content to supported devices. Playing SD content isn't an issue with VGA as it plays just fine.

Researching the HDCP message has been an eye opening experience. Any device that wants to play licensed HD content (Blu-ray players, Chrome cast, Android media palyers, etc) have to be HDCP compliant and must be compatible with each other.
The biggest compatibility issue comes from the display. If it's not "compliant", you either get a blank screen or an error message.

Last edited:
I joined the forum mainly to express my support. As a long-time owner (life time licenses) of AnyDVD, CloneCD and CloneDVD, I would be more than happy to support a successor to AnyDVD by purchasing a new license. Even more so if a Linux version was available. Not starting Windows much anymore, except for ripping a protected DVD or the occasional game that will not run on Linux (natively or with Wine).

There are cheap HDCP strippers out there. Usually they go under the guise of "HDMI Splitters" that take one input and make it two outputs.

They are relatively cheap because their stripping abilities are basically hidden (i.e., they don't enforce end-to-end HDCP). Usually cheap chinese brands, and they're easily had all over Amazon who probably sell 10+ different products of the exact same hardware.

Of course, the cadillac of HDCP remains the HDFury line of converters which exploit the analog hole, but cheap chinese-made HDCP strippers or HDMI splitters keep it all digital. Heck the HDFury guys have a couple of HDCP 2.2. strippers you can buy from Amazon for about $100.

Since my monitor is VGA (it's in a server rack attached to a KVM, the HDMI splitter is not a viable solution in this case. I've contacted HDFurry and have ordered their HDF1 Nano - HDMI to VGA. Once I have it in hand I'll post info on it in the Other hardware section.
The movie industry treating everyone as if the are guilty of pirating without any benefit of the doubt is really irritating - They want us to spend our hard earned money to watch their movies, but do so on their terms, on equipment they deem "worthy" . That's a quick way to lose business.
When a studio releases a movie in the theater, if it's interesting, I'll go see it and then buy the HD version of it. So the studio made money from my initial ticket sale and then again with the purchase of the media. To then dictate how I'm to watch it is bordering on being totalitarian. Every fiber of my being rejects this mindset.

Back