• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why I have an interest in subtitles.

Jeff53404

I think most people associate the use of subs because of a:

1. Hearing loss or impairment,
2. Watching a foreign film or a film in which the spoken language is not your primary language,
3. Film contains regional or national dialects that are difficult to understand. For example, while my language in English, I have great difficulty understanding British or Australian dialects. That also applies to idioms (e.g. catch a bus). I have no doubt that #3 is a universal issue transcending all languages. For example, Spanish spoken in Spain, Mexico, Portugal, etc. presents the same challenges.

There is another situation where I found a need for subtitles. My family was watching an outstanding performance by Hilary Swank in “You’re Not You” where her character develops ALS. As the disease progresses, it becomes increasingly difficult for her friends and my family to understand what she is saying. Time to turn on the subtitles.

I have posted this in the hope that the developers of CloneBD realize that for some users, subtitles are important. Please put this on your to do list and keep up the outstanding work.

I agree, subtitiles are important, and working Menus are very important

I think most people associate the use of subs because of a:

1. Hearing loss or impairment,
2. Watching a foreign film or a film in which the spoken language is not your primary language,
3. Film contains regional or national dialects that are difficult to understand. For example, while my language in English, I have great difficulty understanding British or Australian dialects. That also applies to idioms (e.g. catch a bus). I have no doubt that #3 is a universal issue transcending all languages. For example, Spanish spoken in Spain, Mexico, Portugal, etc. presents the same challenges.

There is another situation where I found a need for subtitles. My family was watching an outstanding performance by Hilary Swank in “You’re Not You” where her character develops ALS. As the disease progresses, it becomes increasingly difficult for her friends and my family to understand what she is saying. Time to turn on the subtitles.

I have posted this in the hope that the developers of CloneBD realize that for some users, subtitles are important. Please put this on your to do list and keep up the outstanding work.

They are also useful in watching a movie when someone else is sleeping and for learning languages like Spanish or French.
Subtitles are very useful and important but how do you access subtitles, languages or any other options without working menus?

When I transcode to mkv (using another program), I access the subs through my Blu-ray player. I'll switch to CloneBD the second subs are available.

Back