• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

why does the new version 8.1.3.0 exe. show like this?

I flushed it earlier. Redfox.bz pings with the correct numbers now. But when clicking on Download it does either of 2 things: Secure Connection Failed--or if it does connect, Avast pops up with a warning and won't let me connect. I have the file from Ivan, which is great--but Avast still has a problem.

Do you have the new version installed? If so don't worry about Avast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not doubting you, though I flushed my DNS and my DNS is currently pointed to Google's public DNS. Is there anything else I can do? The one site gives me the correct link and the other provides a fake one.

Disregard. Downloading from the sandbox. Is there anything I can do on my end or will you be able to take care of it?

Try just using their IP address. That'll avoid DNS altogether.

Do you have the new version installed? If so don't worry about Avast

Its version 17.4.2249. I hit Update before scanning 8.130, so hopefully its up to date. At this point I guess its a false positive.

Its version 17.4.2249. I hit Update before scanning 8.130, so hopefully its up to date. At this point I guess its a false positive.

Good guess and if it's not I promise you it will be

So maybe it's not a good idea to just use the quickest DNS server you can find and rather use one that's unlikely to be hacked.

So maybe it's not a good idea to just use the quickest DNS server you can find and rather use one that's unlikely to be hacked.

I could download the file from the website Ivan gave us but my Norton Virus scanner blocks it from installing AnyDvd. It blocked and deleted a file named "nst1a1a.tmp"

I'm still waiting for the scoop on the malware I might have installed.............
How's that virtual machine doing?
-W

I'm still waiting for the scoop on the malware I might have installed.............
How's that virtual machine doing?
-W
Kaspersky has a free tool that wipes any malware from your hard drive. Its an excellent tool.

I gave it a go and it didn't find any - I think the Windows Defender scan cleaned it.
Windows Defender is starting to really come into its own. Perhaps not because it's so good,
but that the installed user base, with real-time sampling, is unprecedented penetration.
It's updating definitions at least twice daily now.
-W

I just tried both download links. The "good" one did not have a problem but when I downloaded from the "bad" one I got an error from Chrome saying that the file is dangerous. I saved it anyway and compared the hashes of the "good" and "bad" and they match. Does anyone have any idea why that is?

I believe this is a little redundant. If the file is modified, the signature will be invalid. That's the purpose of a signature.
Yes, and the hash will be invalid too. (Unless the attacker perfectly collides the modified file.) That said, it is not a bad idea to do both.

The hash of the bad one 8120 cannot possibly match the one to the latest 8130 for starters its a different version and it's been modified. If you saved the bad one anyway. Get rid of it, you're asking for problems

I just tried both download links. The "good" one did not have a problem but when I downloaded from the "bad" one I got an error from Chrome saying that the file is dangerous. I saved it anyway and compared the hashes of the "good" and "bad" and they match. Does anyone have any idea why that is?
Somebodies Chrome has noticed that the URL was pointing to an infected file and told Google who have in some way broadcast that fact to all Chrome installations so they now refuse to even start downloading.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The hash of the bad one 8120 cannot possibly match the one to the latest 8130 for starters its a different version and it's been modified. If you saved the bad one anyway. Get rid of it, you're asking for problems
I thought that the "bad" one was pretending to be 8130 not 8120, and no, I do not have a copy of the "bad" one. As I said, I was unable to get one in the first place.

Somebodies Chrome has noticed that the URL was pointing to an infected file and told Google who have in some way broadcast that fact to all Chrome installations so they now refuse to even start downloading.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Ahh, that would make sense. I had forgotten that Chrome had that feature.

According to james, the bad server served 8120. Simply using the SetupAnyDVD.exe name which is a redirect to always serve the latest version on the redfox servers

According to james, the bad server served 8120. Simply using the SetupAnyDVD.exe name which is a redirect to always serve the latest version on the redfox servers
Thats what I thought also.

Concerning the DNS-related issues, I recommend people take a look at OpenDNS (https://www.opendns.com/). I've used it as a replacement for the default ISP-based DNS for years. You can simply use the provided DNS servers or create a free account which allows a bit more control over DNS-related things. I used to have an account but haven't used it in forever because just using the servers does enough. Give it a look.

Note: I also use DNSCrypt to encrypt packets between my computer and the OpenDNS servers. Purely optional but something else for the paranoid to make use of. :)

Back