• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why does MakeMKV say that AnyDVD is enabled when AnyDVD is not running?

NickUHD

I was just curious to know what is happening here. The following is my workflow:

1. Buy blu-ray or UHD movie (on disc).
2. Create decrypted .iso from it as a backup using AnyDVD HD.
3. Use MakeMKV on my decrypted .iso to extract the various movie files and bonus features and put them on my home NAS.

Every time I use MakeMKV to extract videos from an already-decrypted blu-ray .iso, it gives me a warning telling me that AnyDVD is enabled and that I should disable it to prevent any errors.

The thing is, AnyDVD is not running. I'm not exactly sure what 'enabled' means in this context. I have completely closed AnyDVD and check my running processes and services in Task Manager and I'm not seeing anything related to AnyDVD or Redfox running at all, then I start MakeMKV, so I'm not sure why MakeMKV still gives me this warning.

It's not a big deal, I always just click Yes to 'continue anyways (errors may follow),' and I've never encountered an error, but I was just curious does anyone know why it always tells me this?

Thanks!

Z9PhYrk.png

I have completely closed AnyDVD and check my running processes and services in Task Manager and I'm not seeing anything related to AnyDVD or Redfox running at all, then I start MakeMKV, so I'm not sure why MakeMKV still gives me this warning.
Did you right click AnyDVD icon and select "exit"? If not AnyDVD driver is still running. Only closing the status window is not enough here. I can't imagine an other reason for this warning from MakeMKV.

Did you right click AnyDVD icon and select "exit"?
I did, yes.

Now that I think about it, I use Virtual CloneDrive to mount my .iso. I wonder if MakeMKV is seeing that something, anything, is running that is made by RedFox and assumes AnyDVD is enabled.

I guess I can post over on the MakeMKV forums to see exactly what MakeMKV is checking to see that AnyDVD is 'enabled.'

Last edited:
I have noticed this option when right-clicking the AnyDVD icon in the System Tray. Even after turning it off (and the AnyDVD icon is greyed out), MakeMKV still gives that warning that AnyDVD is enabled. And even after disabling AnyDVD and exiting completely, MakeMKV still gives that warning. I posted over on the MakeMKV forums, so I guess we'll see if we hear anything about this over there.

2fVHYko.png

Back