• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

why does it only play Bluray iso and not HDDVD iso?

mickemus66

i have the latest cyberlink powerdvd 8, and then the latest anydvd hd 6522, and the latest Virtual Clone Drive 5411.
I used IMG Burn to convert all of my BLURAY and HDDVD to ISO.
The conversion went fine and the BLURAY ISO loads and the movie plays perfect, but when i try to play the HDDVD iso its says no disc in L drive????
I tried to look around this forum for any solution and i havent seen anything that would help me, and even tried to ask this question before and just got dissed people saying read more, read what when i cant find anything about just this problem??????
any suggestion and information would be helpful, would hate to delete all 20 HDDVD iso since i cant load and watch them.
Mike

Latest VCD is 5.4.2.3

That's only part of the answer. PowerDVD8 won't play HD-DVDs, period, without hacking it and I don't believe that is still possible with the latest release. Even if it is, that isn't officially supported and I'm, personally, not even keeping up with what works or not since I use PowerDVD7 for HD-DVD playback.

i have the latest cyberlink powerdvd 8, and then the latest anydvd hd 6522, and the latest Virtual Clone Drive 5411.
I used IMG Burn to convert all of my BLURAY and HDDVD to ISO.
The conversion went fine and the BLURAY ISO loads and the movie plays perfect, but when i try to play the HDDVD iso its says no disc in L drive????
I tried to look around this forum for any solution and i havent seen anything that would help me, and even tried to ask this question before and just got dissed people saying read more, read what when i cant find anything about just this problem??????
any suggestion and information would be helpful, would hate to delete all 20 HDDVD iso since i cant load and watch them.
Mike

First off I'd advise updating to the latest Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.2.3 beta located here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=25660.

Secondly, PowerDVD8 does not support HD-DVD playback and hasn't since PowerDVD8 was released. Blame CyberLink for this since they are the ones who removed support. If you read the information on CyberLink's site you'll see there is no mention of HD-DVD support.

If you wish to playback HD-DVDs you'll need to use another software player. CyberLink PowerDVD7 still supports HD-DVD playback, Corel WinDVD9 Plus BluRay still plays HD-DVDs, and Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre still supports HD-DVD playback.

In short, what you are experiencing isn't an AnyDVD HD problem. The problem is the playback software you are using. Definitely update Virtual CloneDrive, however, because it will resolve issues with mounting BluRay images with newer versions of PowerDVD8.

Thread moved to the High Definition Software forum.

Last edited:
Good point, that's what I get for trying to read whilst watching TV

is it possible??to use both 7 and 8 at the same time??

And thank you very much for that info that 8 dont support HDDVD, i thought since it got converted over to iso, that it would work.
so can i install my old powerdvd 7 even though i now have powerdvd 8 installed already???
wouldnt it say newer version installed on computer already???
And once agan thanks for clearing this issue for me YOU :rock:

And thank you very much for that info that 8 dont support HDDVD, i thought since it got converted over to iso, that it would work.

An ISO is simply an image of the original material. You aren't converting formats so it makes no difference.

so can i install my old powerdvd 7 even though i now have powerdvd 8 installed already???

There should be no problem doing this at all. I have PowerDVD7 (retail) and PowerDVD8 (retail) installed and both work fine without conflicting with each other.

wouldnt it say newer version installed on computer already???

No. When they released PowerDVD8 they intentionally had in mind that people would have both installed. PowerDVD8 installs into its own separate folder. I believe they did this so that people could still play HD-DVDs using PowerDVD7 since they didn't have support in PowerDVD8. I still believe the lack of HD-DVD support in PowerDVD8 had to do with licensing but I could be wrong. Nonetheless, no, there will be no message saying you can't install it because a newer version is already installed.

And once agan thanks for clearing this issue for me YOU :rock:

Glad to help. I hope things work out nicely. :)

Back