• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why are all the virtual drives BD-ROMs?

Brawndo

Whenever I create a virtual drive with VCD, the drive is always a BD-ROM instead of CD-ROM or DVD-ROM. When this happens and I mount an ISO to it, regardless of size, I can't open the virtual drive because Windows can't access BD-ROM. How do I change the type of virtual drive???

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit

I think your system is messed up. Mine always mount using the file structure of the ISO, and even if they were seen as UDF 2.5 (BD format) Win 7 has a built in UDF 2.5 driver so you would still be able to access them anyway.

I have a brand new laptop, only 2 months old. It came with Win 7, I did not install it myself

Even when I delete all ISOs in my files and use VCD to create a virtual drive, it ONLY creates BD-ROMs. On the other hand, Power ISO creates CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMs, however I can't use it because Power ISO says that the ISO file I want to mount is unsupported.

They show as BD-ROM, but once you mount an ISO it takes on the attributes of the ISO, so a DVD ISO would be seen using the file structure for a DVD etc. The fact that you can't read them implies you have a conflict on your system. Win 7 has drivers built in for pretty much all of the formats so even if it were being seen as UDF 2.5 it would still be able to read it.

Back