• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Who would like vst plugin support from reclock?

karoloydi

Wouldnt that be awesome? Imagine the possiblities! Room eqing, compression, you name it!
I guess the chances are slim to none. But maybe if enough people support this, this could become true.
From a commercial standpoint, adding vst support would make this product commercially viable and you could actually charge people for this.
But I am not sure how easy it would be to code? Maybe after reclock is rock solid you can start implementing something like this.

Well, it took over a year but now we are two. Native ReClock VST plugin support is definitely my number one desired feature. I would love to see it happen!

been whining for it for a while, don't set your hopes too high.

Steinberg have a SDK available.

That's a pity...

What alternatives are there to get VST plugins (like convolution) working in a MPC-HC->madFlac->Reclock setup? Going with ffdshow results in 16bit VST processing...

Virtual Audio Cable?

If I don't get this to work I would need to (reluctantly) go with J.River and it's native VST support.

Thanks!

What alternatives are there to get VST plugins (like convolution) working in a MPC-HC->madFlac->Reclock setup? Going with ffdshow results in 16bit VST processing...
after a lot of whining on doom9, it's now possible to use VST plugins in full scale 32int in ffdshow...but it hasn't been added to the SVN yet, so whine a bit further if you wanna see it happening: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1464940&postcount=49

it sounds wunderbar, I can tell you that...but sansnom05 believes that I'm the only OCD'ed audioholic around, and that ppl don't give a damn...so everybody whine in that thread if you wanna see it happening :agree:

I now feed full scale 32int to Reclock.

Last edited:
after a lot of whining on doom9, it's now possible to use VST plugins in full scale 32int in ffdshow...but it hasn't be added to the SVN yet, so whine a bit further if you wanna see it happening: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1464940&postcount=49

it sounds wunderbar, I can tell you that...but sansnom05 believes that I'm the only OCD'ed audioholic around, and that ppl don't give a damn...so everybody whine in that thread if you wanna see it happening :agree:

I now feed full scale 32int to Reclock.

Fantastic news! Best Weihnachtsüberraschung ever!

With the adapted libavcodec 32bit output madflac is obsolete as of now, right? Where would todays HTPC setups be without madshi?

I definitely need the 32bit VST capability - I am using it for FIR filters and with 16bit processing it obviously does more harm than good ;-)

So - when I play a HD mkv file with flac audio I will be able to use the following signal chain: madflac/ffdshow for decoding->ffdshow for <=32bit VST processing->reclock with MPC-HC?!

You mentioned Harman Logic7 for upmixing -> this would be my next wet dream ;-) Is there a ffdshow build supporting Logic7 for 5.1->7.1 upmixing on the fly?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Last edited:
everybody whine in that thread along with me to have it all added to the SVN, as soon as it's there I'll make a big tutorial to Logic7 and 32int VST in ffdshow ;)

Last edited:
That's a pity...

Virtual Audio Cable?

If I don't get this to work I would need to (reluctantly) go with J.River and it's native VST support.

Thanks!

Convolver Plugin (comes in Directshow, WMP, and VST versions).

http://convolver.sourceforge.net/

I use the Directshow version for 8 channel Digital Room Correction, with madFlac and Reclock, all at 32 bit float.

But for music, I use the VST version in JRMC. I cannot get gapless/seamless playback to work with directshow (other than WMP).

Last edited:
Convolver Plugin (comes in Directshow, WMP, and VST versions).

http://convolver.sourceforge.net/

I use the Directshow version for 8 channel Digital Room Correction, with madFlac and Reclock, all at 32 bit float.

But for music, I use the VST version in JRMC. I cannot get gapless/seamless playback to work with directshow (other than WMP).

Thanks - I am aware of this plugin, but I never succeeded getting it to work with MPC-HC. Which media player do you use?

Zoomplayer.

It should work with MPC-HC though, try putting ffdshow before it and feeding it 32bit float.

If you can..MPC-HC filter control is rudimentary, ZP is far more powerful.

One more thing, the Directshow version of Convolver can adapt to changes in channel numbers and sample rates, if setup using a config file.

The VST version cannot, you have to send it the same number of channels and sample rate everytime.

The Directshow version is better.

I wrote a reasonable setup guide here: http://72.9.159.100/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=550750&page=11

Back