• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Who Is The CloneBD Mascot?

Humorously, "Bert" has been kicking around since the early 2000s over at Elaborate Bytes but without any job to do. He was originally the "mascot" for MakeDisc from Elaborate Bytes which never made it to market. MakeDisc was mastering software for CDs and DVDs. Looks like it's finally Bert's time to be in the spotlight.

Humorously, "Bert" has been kicking around since the early 2000s over at Elaborate Bytes but without any job to do. He was originally the "mascot" for MakeDisc from Elaborate Bytes which never made it to market. MakeDisc was mastering software for CDs and DVDs. Looks like it's finally Bert's time to be in the spotlight.
You are really good , that was back in 2002, and it never came to fruition, a golden oldie, great memory, thanks.

Probably because it is still in beta add the not a fully functional product line the others ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I have to say I'm not loving the GUI for CloneBD - very "Big, Blocky, Unresizeable, Primary Colors, Silly-Looking Mascot" to me.

It'd be nice if both CloneDVD and CloneBD had a "fun" mode (with the mascots, sheep eating popcorn, etc.) and a "serious" mode, that was simple and no-nonsense, and also allowed resizing (sometimes I'd like to see a lot more of the titles on CloneDVD, but when I resize the window the content stays the same size and the extra space is just empty... would it be so hard to allow true resizing of those windows?).

Anyway, just my two cents. I love the products, but they look kinda silly to me. :)

His name is Bert

Are you sure it's not "Clippy" (re: Microsoft Word mascot)? :)

It's almost as annoying, sometimes. It'll put up information while analyzing the source; you click 'x' to close the info window; it closes, then opens right back up. At least MS Clippy will go away when you turn it off.

Robert

a new 'killer' feature will come "[ ] Bert, shut up!!"

a new 'killer' feature will come "[ ] Bert, shut up!!"

The only new "killer" feature that could apply for CloneBD would be the removal of Cinavia on back-up disks and would play on a newer standalone Blu-ray player.

Bug fixes, encode performance, and better option choices would be great, but could not be considered as a killer feature.

Killer feature = Cinavia removal on back-up disk and playable on a newer standalone Blu-ray player.

P.S.
Bert could be the Slysoft primary mascot, and could be living in a 6000 sq ft beaver dam house with plenty of servants and female partners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back