• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which Version Should I Now Use?

In all fairness, it is a pretty confusing time to use this software, especially if you aren't glued to reading every post about the current state of the software--or using the the software on a daily basis. When I last opened AnyStream, the first thing that happened was a suggestion to download the new program version. Normally, I click on this on the assumption that new software is better than old software. I do not open the description of the software change before I do this. Maybe I should, but it is not that odd to not do this if you are prompted with notice of new update. Here, for some reason, I actually only downloaded the software and went to the forum before installing it. So, I temporarily held off on going from 1.28 to 1.29.

Two weeks ago or so, I got an error trying to download a new Netflix movie using 1.28. Today, it downloaded in 1080P without error and no change in the software. That almost seems like that wasn't supposed to happen? From what I read, this would not have been possible with an update to 1.29. But, with Amazon, there was an error in downloading a show and I was told I should update to 1.29. But, if I went to 1.29, it appears I would then lose downloading HD in Netflix? So, that leaves the beta releases, and now there are two of them. Normally, I don't use beta releases because I figure, if they were best to use, they would not be betas. But in this case, it would appear I might be able to go to 1.29.2 and get Prime to halfway to work, but not lose HD in Netflix?

Is there something that works in 1.28 but does not work in 1.29.2? Is there something that works partially in 1.29 but doesn't work in in 1.29.2? Is there any reason to have 1.29 over 1.29.2? Does 1.28 do anything that can't be done by 1.29.2? If 1.29.2 is better than 1.29 without any drawbacks, should it be a beta? Or are there some problems with 1.29.2 not experienced with 1.28 or 1.29?

Last edited:
Yes, 1284 or V1292. Yes, version 1292 is the latest and you can still get many titles 1980x1020. some prefer 1284 . As you must know from the forum threads we are having some issues now with Amazon HD titles. Our developers are working on the issues. Thank you for supporting the project. In all fairness, it's hit or miss.

With version 1.2.9.2 - HBO Max, Disney+, Hulu (other than the greyed out movies to which there is a workaround), and for the most part Netflix works "perfectly". Amazon Prime is another kettle of fish. My advice there is to not download anything you don't need. If you need it, try adding it to the queue (this is another issue altogether) one by one. You may not get the resolution you want on AP. If you do need it, as it will be going away, or you sub will run out, just take the highest available resolution. Or not.

Yes, 1284 or V1292. Yes, version 1292 is the latest and you can still get many titles 1980x1020. some prefer 1284 . As you must know from the forum threads we are having some issues now with Amazon HD titles. Our developers are working on the issues. Thank you for supporting the project. In all fairness, it's hit or miss.

I was running 1.2.9.2, and tried to download "Monk" from AP. It would only allow 960x540. I uninstalled, and reinstalled 1.2.8.4. It would indicate that the show was available in 1920x1080, but when I tried to download it, AS said that the version was "Too old" and that I needed to update to 1.2.9.0 (which only allows for the lower resolution). Would there be a way to allow 1.2.8.4 to run, as this seems to be a temporary workaround for at least this (if not more) titles? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

I was running 1.2.9.2, and tried to download "Monk" from AP. It would only allow 960x540. I uninstalled, and reinstalled 1.2.8.4. It would indicate that the show was available in 1920x1080, but when I tried to download it, AS said that the version was "Too old" and that I needed to update to 1.2.9.0 (which only allows for the lower resolution). Would there be a way to allow 1.2.8.4 to run, as this seems to be a temporary workaround for at least this (if not more) titles? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
It was a temporary workaround for that movie, but 1292 actually gets more 1920X1080, it's hit or miss with both.

I will say, I am lucky to possess two forever licenses installed on two different computers, one with 1.2.8.4 and the other with 1.2.9.2. I am always trying to download HD in Netflix and AP using 1.2.8.4. When it is working that's great when it is not I am using 1.2.9.2 and sometimes AS is downloading in HD and sometimes in SD (ie Hit or Miss). 1.2.9.2 is better dealing with holds when searching titles in AP. 1.2.8.4 is better dealing with queues. As I said I am lucky to test by tries.

Back