• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which quality meter is correct?

cruzmisl

Hi,
Can someone tell me which quality meter is correct? On the title configuration it gives me a quality of 78% but when I go to the audio and subtitle page it gives me a quality of 99%. Just curious which one is correct.

Thanks,
Cruz.

The second one is more accurate.

from the Clonedvd manual

"The second quality bar scans your title and chapter selection and gives a more exact idea of the picture quality as in the last window. Besides it shows the final influence of the audio selection on the quality. The two lines show the possible minimum and maximum value, depending on your audio selection."

Last edited:
That's great! Thanks a lot. I didn't realize what the other line was for. Now I know it's the audio portion.

That's great! Thanks a lot. I didn't realize what the other line was for. Now I know it's the audio portion.

It's not. Read my post. The second bar shows the final influence of the audio portion and subtitle portion (it's a combined total) on your backup.

Last edited:

The first line shows you the quality of doing a full-disc backup which means all titles, all sub-titles, all audio streams, etc. It includes everything on the original disc. This, quite obviously, means nothing if you are using a DVD DL for your backup since you'll always have enough space and it will be 100% quality. However, this indicator it is important if you use SL DVDs (DVD-5) to burn you backups to.

The second line shows you the quality after your chance to edit out unwanted material. Remove unwanted titles, sub-titles, audio streams, etc, and the quality will go up. This gives you an idea of just how much you've saved when compared to the first line.

Just do the easy math "first line" - "second line" = "savings in quality".

The first line shows you the quality of doing a full-disc backup which means all titles, all sub-titles, all audio streams, etc.

That's only true if you've selected "Clone dvd" from the main menu in Clonedvd.

The second line shows you the quality after your chance to edit out unwanted material. Remove unwanted titles

I respectfully disagree. The first bar will show the effect of removing unwanted titles. The second bar shows a more accurate final gauge of the the compression quality, since the second quality bar incorporates the selections you've changed on the audio and subtitles setting page, whereas the previous quality bar did not.

Last edited:
That's only true if you've selected "Clone dvd" from the main menu in Clonedvd.

Valid point. I wasn't looking at the big picture on that one since I always use "Clone DVD".

I respectfully disagree. The first bar will show the effect of removing unwanted titles. The second bar shows a more accurate final gauge of the the compression quality, and it incorporates the selections you've changed on the audio and subtitles setting page, whereas the previous quality bar did not.

I'll concede this point, as well. It does show the effect as you remove things but, no, it's not as accurate until the disc is analyzed and the second quality meter is displayed on the next page. I never take the meter shown on the title removal page as an accurate gauge as I am removing things and generally ignore it and just flip back and forth between the steps when necessary.

Anyway, you're right. That'll teach me to reply when I'm not awake yet. :eek:

c'mon....FIGHT, FIGHT!!!!!

LOL. Sorry to disappoint but that will never happen. :p

No, thanks. I don't want Drinklyeanddie to beat me up. :)

Nah. I'm too tired to use energy to do that, anyway. :p

I have no issues admitting I'm wrong when I'm wrong. I'll make mistakes from time to time just like everyone else. What really irks me is when I make repeated mistakes in a short period of time. I have no issues with being corrected if the person correcting me isn't an idiot about it and Webslinger was not, of course. Believe me, I get annoyed at myself when I make mistakes.

In this case I was wrong because I wasn't thinking it through fully and explaining it to someone else. Webslinger was right in correcting what I said. :)

Group Hug!!!
bighug02.gif

Back