• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which Product - CloneCD or Game Jachal

Kennel

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question or two. I have a fair collection of games on DVD and CD (all original). I have two 4TB NAS at home and plan on getting an 8TB in a few weeks. I've tried CloneCD and can mount an image from a NAS using VirtualCloneDrive and the few I've tried so far work perfectly (older games only so far). Is game jackal a better product and will it work from a NAS (running installed to a HDD of course)? OR perhaps I should buy CloneCD (working with a trial version at the moment)?

I also use AoA DVD ripper to convert my DVDs to DIVX (hence the multiple NAS) and play on my TV. Do any of the other products do this?

Thanks,

Ken

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question or two. I have a fair collection of games on DVD and CD (all original). I have two 4TB NAS at home and plan on getting an 8TB in a few weeks. I've tried CloneCD and can mount an image from a NAS using VirtualCloneDrive and the few I've tried so far work perfectly (older games only so far). Is game jackal a better product and will it work from a NAS (running installed to a HDD of course)? OR perhaps I should buy CloneCD (working with a trial version at the moment)?

I also use AoA DVD ripper to convert my DVDs to DIVX (hence the multiple NAS) and play on my TV. Do any of the other products do this?

Thanks,

Ken

You could also direct that question to slysoft support as well. Those two programs do two very different process. So what are you trying to do run virtual or backup?? You question mixing that question of what those two are different from one another.

You could also direct that question to slysoft support as well. Those two programs do two very different process. So what are you trying to do run virtual or backup?? You question mixing that question of what those two are different from one another.

I have asked support but no reply as yet. There are two things I'm doing. One is to run my games from a NAS (I've lost a few CDs over the years) which is why I'm curious about game jackal - whether it works better than clonecd and whether the image will run from a NAS.

The second thing I'm doing is ripping my DVDs to NAS (and maybe someday BR as well) to DIVX so I can play them without damaging the discs (I've lost one already). As I have 100s and a 1:1 divx rip (for best quality) is around 6GB I thought perhaps one of the other products may work as well or perhaps better than AoA. I have copied many to NAS already (as full discs) so I'm actually ripping from an a copy :)

Thanks for your response though. Cheers.

CloneCD doesn't support newer protections on games. Virtual CloneDrive does not have any form of emulation with respect to game protections. ISO images of games also take up a good chunk of HDD space even if you have a nice amount of HDD space set aside. GameJackal supports newer protections, is capable of the required emulation for the majority of protections, and the "profiles" necessary to play your game without the original game disc in the drive are extremely small when compared to a full ISO of the original disc.

For gaming I recommend GameJackal. It's the way to go. For backup of Audio CDs and non-game DVDs then you should look at CloneCD, CloneDVD, and AnyDVD.

CloneCD doesn't support newer protections on games. Virtual CloneDrive does not have any form of emulation with respect to game protections. ISO images of games also take up a good chunk of HDD space even if you have a nice amount of HDD space set aside. GameJackal supports newer protections, is capable of the required emulation for the majority of protections, and the "profiles" necessary to play your game without the original game disc in the drive are extremely small when compared to a full ISO of the original disc.

For gaming I recommend GameJackal. It's the way to go. For backup of Audio CDs and non-game DVDs then you should look at CloneCD, CloneDVD, and AnyDVD.

Thanks heaps. I'm going to try Game Jackal and probably buy both it and clonecd. Touch disappointed though that I didn't get a response from the SlySoft support other than an automated email that said my request would be answered as soon as possible. Still I guess it hasn't been possible for a couple of days :) LOL. Thanks again

Back