• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which interface should be the default interface?

• The original Game Jackal interface (navigation on the left-hand side).

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • The new navigation bar interface (navigation on the top).

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

matthew

SlySoft Team Member

- The original Game Jackal interface (navigation on the left-hand side) or...
- The new navigation bar interface (navigation on the top).

Also feel free to post other thoughts.

Well, you will probably know that I'm a fan of the new interface.

It's easier to use and you have the important functions just right in front of your nose, so you don't miss it.

As the ribbon concept has proven in all applications that it's used, it's more easier for beginners to start working/navigating, but on the other hand you can have the advantage of making really complicated ribbon interfaces, where you can store much more options and buttons. (See new AutoCAD 2010!)

Still, the new interface has some problems, that you're hopefully already aware of and with constant improving it, I see a great success in the new interface.

What I would like to have extra is the start button on the upper left and the quick navigation stuff. See image for details.
The start button could have important feature included, like in the systray and the quick navigation bar could have profile editing/options included.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Attachments

• ribbon.jpg
    ribbon.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 5
I discovered an oddity in the Version 3 UI hat I never saw before. I'm attaching an image. The way for me to trigger this is to not have GameJackal had focus but have it open. I clicked on my desktop and then ran the mouse over the GameJackal UI and this occurred.

Personally, I'd like the Windows Seven - Black UI if the buttons along the top were instead down the left side rather than at the top if the GameJackal UI.

Look at the left side of the image I've attached. The problem should be very obvious. I'm using an Gigabyte Radeon HD 4870 with the Catalyst 9.6 drivers. I'm also running GameJackal Pro 3.2.1.2.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GameJackal.jpg
    GameJackal.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 20
I also like the new UI.

You just need to fix the few issues with it for me to use it all the time.
:)

@ DrinkLyeAndDie
That is a known issue, and is supposed to be fixed in a beta build forthcoming.

I also like the new UI.

You just need to fix the few issues with it for me to use it all the time.
:)

@ DrinkLyeAndDie
That is a known issue, and is supposed to be fixed in a beta build forthcoming.

Hmm... apparently I missed reading about that. :eek:

I like the new skin also, but I get a graphical error, when moving the mouse over the tray-icon. A floating text-window with help-text appears on my desktop... kind of annoying, so I switch back to version 3 until the skin is fixed in a beta-build.

Back