• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which firmware to use with my drives?

ISO and folder. Tried all those apps, along with others from the competition.

To repeat, if I turn off Dolby Vision in the Panasonic player there is no hang.

I don't have any access to another UHD player to see if it is a Panasonic read issue or not.

If I play the ISO on my computer there are 32 files in the Stream folder. The hang is right at the very end of the the first file, the transition to the next. The 32 files won't play continuously. I can only play one file at a time.

Did you try "main movie only" in CloneBD? The extended version is the one with the longer play time. Usually you can this way get around the main menu issues if there are any. I know, some people want to have still all extras and the main menu. Personally, I don't care for those and I'm just wanting the main movie. You can output to folder or ISO in CloneBD.

Yes I tried Main movie only, tried Extended version and short version. Same hang point.

I received my LG BU40N today, flashed it to V1.0, works with all my apps. NIce drive (external, small, quiet), a little slower on rips and burns take about 20 minuted to get up to my set 6X burn speed with IMGburn. Takes about 40 minutes to burn a 42GB file to a DL BD50 disc, where my other 3 drives take 30 minutes to burn the same file. The time doesn't matter to me as I walk away when burning. This is a nice drive for me to use with my my laptops that don't have optical built in drives..

The Jurrasic World Dominion disc was read and burned with the LG BU40N and the movie hangs at the same point when viewing with my Panasonic BD player.

I'm sending the disc back for replaced as the last shot to see if it is a defective disk.

Can you try with another player than the Panasonic? Maybe a friend has another one?

Can you try with another player than the Panasonic? Maybe a friend has another one?
Sony UBP-X700 is a good choice. Cheap and plays everything you want - Even SACD.

Last edited:
I received my Amazon replacement copy of the Jurassic World Dominion and the copy burned to Blu-ray exhibits the same hang at the same point as my returned disc when playing with Dolby Vision turned on. It plays fine with just HDR10 turned on, same as my first disc. It has to be just the way the content of this disc is copied. Both OEM discs played fine in my Panasonic with Dolby Vision turned on. I really don't have access to another Blu-ray player with Dolby Vision. My relative has the Panasonic lesser model player than me and it doesn't have Dolby Vision. I just hope this isn't some new UHD disc format that defeats copying.

ISO and folder. Tried all those apps, along with others from the competition.

To repeat, if I turn off Dolby Vision in the Panasonic player there is no hang.

I don't have any access to another UHD player to see if it is a Panasonic read issue or not.

If I play the ISO on my computer there are 32 files in the Stream folder. The hang is right at the very end of the the first file, the transition to the next. The 32 files won't play continuously. I can only play one file at a time.

You say there are 32 *.m2ts files?
And you only copied main movie not the full disc?
If that so and since there are two different version of the movie on this disc they might use seamless branching, I think thats called.
I remember I had a problem sometime back with another disc similar to this.
After CloneBD was done I did load the mpls of the copy into a nightly version of tsmuxer and muxed it into new bluray, giving only one big *.m2ts file.
This is just a thought as the issue here could be different. But I would give it a try.
I usually use BD-RE DL for testing

I tried it and the resulting file had no audio. I need to burn with BD50 discs for UHD results.

This is just this particular movie issue. I burned about $20-30 worth of discs testing, bought 2 new UHD drives for a total of $225 that I really didn't need as I already had 2 UHD drives.

So at the original cost of $!2 for the UHD disc from Amazon i could have bought about 20 copies of the OEM movie disc.

It was a lot of fun, I learned a lot, hope others did to. My bottom line is that the older Asus drives seem to read/rip UHD discs with ease the 2 new LG drives stumble a lot in read/rip.

I'm done with this........

I think that we can put this post to rest.

Sorry but you just came to the wrong conclusion that your issues are caused by the drives you ripped with. You never had read failures and therefore it can be assumed that your rips were OK. There is something in the subsequent process or with the hardware that is not working OK. "The resulting file had no audio" sounds like you missed some options / checkboxes.
If you want to dig into this, make a movie only version with CloneBD. If it plays with VLC or MPC on your PC you know it's neither the drive nor the processing with CBD. If then burned to a disc and the issue persists try it with a standalone player other than yours. Sometimes strange things happen and logic must be applied to narrow down the root cause of the issue.

In a way yes I wanted to prove that my 2 Asus drives, may, or may not be the problem. Plus I have hundreds of burns on each of those two drive with 1080P burns from streaming. Thus the LG purchases were in anticipation that the Asus drives will die in the near future and the quality of drives available at that time will be sub-standard, so stock up now. I also needed an external drive for my laptops that don't have optical drives. So the purchases were fine with me.

I tried the burned discs with PowerDVD on my PC, my PC is not UHD capable, PowerDVD gives me a pop-up to allow play with HDR turned off. The ISO plays fine. Same as when I turn off Dolby Vision, allow HDR10, in my standalone Panasonic BD player, no hangs. I lean towards DV on this particular press being the major issue here when ripped and burned to disc.

I dislike the movie, don't need copies. I liked the technical challenge. Time to put this to rest. Others can buy the OEM disc, and report their results here, most don't burn discs, so that may be a long wait......

Thanks for all your time and I learned a ton of information from you, SamuriHL, and others!!!!!!

In a way yes I wanted to prove that my 2 Asus drives, may, or may not be the problem. Plus I have hundreds of burns on each of those two drive with 1080P burns from streaming. Thus the LG purchases were in anticipation that the Asus drives will die in the near future and the quality of drives available at that time will be sub-standard, so stock up now. I also needed an external drive for my laptops that don't have optical drives. So the purchases were fine with me.

I tried the burned discs with PowerDVD on my PC, my PC is not UHD capable, PowerDVD gives me a pop-up to allow play with HDR turned off. The ISO plays fine. Same as when I turn off Dolby Vision, allow HDR10, in my standalone Panasonic BD player, no hangs. I lean towards DV on this particular press being the major issue here when ripped and burned to disc.

I dislike the movie, don't need copies. I liked the technical challenge. Time to put this to rest. Others can buy the OEM disc, and report their results here, most don't burn discs, so that may be a long wait......

Thanks for all your time and I learned a ton of information from you, SamuriHL, and others!!!!!!
Check your PM please.

WARNING:

The LG drives I purchased recently came with Cyberlink software to allow you to play UHD discs. The software is only installed using the LG drive, no other optical drive will work.

When you install the Cyberlink software during the install process it states that it is upgrading the firmware on the drive!!! I immediately stopped the install so I don't know what version of the FW it was upgrading to, or if there could be a potential blocking of FW downgrades. I checked my drive FW and it was still the correct downgrade to 1.00.

Sounds like a major security risk. Cyberlink isn't a drive manufacturer. They have no business or right to create/modify firmware on optical drives.

You are looking at this wrong. This Cyberlink version is an LG designed version that can only be installed with an LG drive, installs a special driver in Windows, and does an auto FW update if required. Obvisously LG wanted it this way.

I'm just giving a heads-up here to users that purchase a FW modified drive from sellers that have FW downgraded the drives for them and these particular owners don't know how to personally downgrade the FW again or are uncomfortable doing so.

You are looking at this wrong. This Cyberlink version is an LG designed version that can only be installed with an LG drive, installs a special driver in Windows, and does an auto FW update if required. Obvisously LG wanted it this way.

I'm just giving a heads-up here to users that purchase a FW modified drive from sellers that have FW downgraded the drives for them and these particular owners don't know how to personally downgrade the FW again or are uncomfortable doing so.
Thanks for the warning.

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, though you guys seem to know what you're talking about.

I'm having problems downgrading firmware to 1.02 for a LG M-DISC BH16NS55 drive from V1.04 using SDFTool Flasher 1.3.5 and firmware file: DE_LG_BH16NS55_1.02.bin

Process starts then shows ERROR "Command produced error code 0x82052603". Drive is internal, connected to SATA port 1 using a ASUS MB about 1 year old configured to use AHCI mode.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Attachments

• SDFTool_Flasher_V1.3.5_Error.png
    SDFTool_Flasher_V1.3.5_Error.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 10
You have to flash it to the corresponding mk firmware first. In this case 1.0.4. Then you'll be able to downgrade.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I reviewed the makeMKV forum and managed to flash it to "DE_LG_WH16NS60_1.02_MK.bin"

I don't have the MK 1.0.4 firmware.. I'm not aware if 1.04 is worth using over 1.02 ?

Drive Information
OS device name: F:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS60
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: KLIK15J3745
Firmware date: 2118-10-29 19:36
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 32

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.02
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted

Back