• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which codec for mkv VA ?

bingobill

I've just started ripping my Blu-ray collection to mkv with flac HD audio and it's been successful and easier than I thought.

I do notice though that with my old core2duo that the CPU averages around 75% and peaks at around 85%, this is using coreAVC. Because I use a slim and very full HTPC case I'm always aware of the heat so would like to off load to the GPU.

I know I need to use a codec that can use VA and I have paid for versions of TMT and PDVD7.3 with TMT being my prefered player for BD.

Now the TMT codec can not be used with external players any more and the PDVD7.3xx codec gives me a weired AR. I should also mention I'm using VMC for playback and have no interest in using MPC or any other player for that matter.

Any ideas anyone ?

As far as I'm aware at the moment you can't use the GPU using that playback software, even in PDVD the GPU accel only works well when playing back as a full disc

Well, I used the decoder from an early TMT tryout which does actually work outside of TMT, although the VA box was actually checked in properties there was no VA, infact there was actally more CPU usage than CoreAVC.

Back