• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Which 50gb BD-R DL discs have the most actual storage?

Kyle C

I have been using Ridata BD-R DL 50gb blanks for a long time, and for the most part I have not had any issues with them. However, the 50gb blanks only have a maximum storage of 45.1 gb, and sometimes this can be problematic for backing up specific movies in my BluRay collection as I need to use a blank with 46-48 gb of total space unless I want to compromise on video quality or DVD extras.

Are there any blank 50gb BD-R DL out there with a bit more total space on them for these magical moments?

Thanks in advance.

I think I got it. By definition the DVD will actually hold about 50gb total, but because of binary coding 45.0 to 45.2 gb is about the best PC users can hope for?

First of, a BD is not a DVD. 2 entirely different things. But yes you're on the right path. The max a BD can hold is around 45.5GB. It's the same size 'discrepancy' that comes into play when formatting hard drives.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back