• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where to get Total Media Theater?

VirtualRipper

It's not longer available from Arcsoft, but I see a lot of conversation about it. Is there still a place to obtain it? I checked Ebay, I didn't see any forsale.

It's not longer available from Arcsoft, but I see a lot of conversation about it. Is there still a place to obtain it? I checked Ebay, I didn't see any forsale.

ArcSoft (the creator/maker of TMT) is still in business, but unfortunately, they have discontinued making Total Media Theatre last year.

I was lucky, and bought TMT 3, 5, and 6, which was the last version of the program, when they were all available.

There will come a time when it (TMT) probably won't work on a future Windows Operating System, so you will have to probably purchase Cyberlink's PowerDVD Ultra, which is better than WinDVD, and infinitely better than the bloated and basically useless Nero.

One thing that I'm in the same boat with you is that I wished that I bought a copy of PowerDVD 10 Ultra back when Cyberlink had it. Others have said on here that PowerDVD 10 Ultra was the last version Cyberlink sold for great Blu-ray disc playback that wasn't as buggy as the later versions. It (PowerDVD) is still vastly superior to WinDVD or Nero.

Last edited:
I purchased DVD Ultra 14 a couple weeks ago when it was on sale @ Newegg for $35.00. So far, it's played everything I've thrown at it that even VLC or Kodi couldn't play, so in that respect, I'm quite pleased with it.

I actually own version 10 as well, it came with a BR drive I bought, but I can no longer find the darn media!

I just don't like how "heavy" it is. I just want a good simple light weight media player, not something that's trying to be my entertainment center. I've got Plex for that, and nothing does it better (IMHO).

I purchased DVD Ultra 14 a couple weeks ago when it was on sale @ Newegg for $35.00. So far, it's played everything I've thrown at it that even VLC or Kodi couldn't play, so in that respect, I'm quite pleased with it.

I actually own version 10 as well, it came with a BR drive I bought, but I can no longer find the darn media!

I just don't like how "heavy" it is. I just want a good simple light weight media player, not something that's trying to be my entertainment center. I've got Plex for that, and nothing does it better (IMHO).
I have Power DVD 14 and I am only using it find the correct playlists for Blu-ray these days.
This is so I can use MPC-HC _ no Blu-ray menu's though, but light and simple _ as you may already know.

And VLC, many here agree it's not that great for Blu-rays, me included. It can run into problems with seamless branching, amongst other things.

I just don't like how "heavy" it is. I just want a good simple light weight media player, not something that's trying to be my entertainment center.

+1. IMO the market is open for a decent fast/light BD software player that can just play full Blu-ray discs properly. The current crop are bulky, sluggish and buggy.

I have Power DVD 14 and I am only using it find the correct playlists for Blu-ray these days.
This is so I can use MPC-HC _ no Blu-ray menu's though, but light and simple _ as you may already know.

And VLC, many here agree it's not that great for Blu-rays, me included. It can run into problems with seamless branching, amongst other things.

+1. I just use VLC for some audio files when I want to use its light size, even though I could use PowerDVD for it.

+1. IMO the market is open for a decent fast/light BD software player that can just play full Blu-ray discs properly. The current crop are bulky, sluggish and buggy.

I agree. I wish that Slysoft had the resources, manpower and time to create a Blu-ray software player that would put PowerDVD to shame.

Back