• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where r the updates?

Also know... that the Eplorer Rip with AnyDD enabled, and the AnyDVD rip (of course with AnyDVD enabled) - are two different critters.

Many more files extant in the Explorer Rip.

Yes, I am well aware of this. Anydvd ripper uses an old version of FixVTS. Using Windows Explorer to drag and drop doesn't.

Anyway, hopefully James can figure something out at some point.

Yes, I am well aware of this. Anydvd ripper uses an old version of FixVTS. Using Windows Explorer to drag and drop doesn't.

Anyway, hopefully James can figure something out at some point.

Does he have to pay to use newer versions of FixVTS? Perhaps an easy solution is just to update the ripper with newest version of FixVTS *only* when AnyDVD is getting updated anyway? The ripper wont be "current", but it'll never be more than a month behind that way iether.

-W

Based on this, an updated FixVTS wouldn't be enough to fix the problem:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=8469&postcount=132
I am curious as to why this does not work? Doesn't AnyDVD unreference the bad cells properly so FixVTS can remove them? Or what?

EDIT: According the jdobbs (author of DVD Rebuilder), it seems DVD Rebuilder has a cleaner in its code. Movies such as Grudge 2 etc are cleaned during the process. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=951224#post951224

Last edited:
I am curious as to why this does not work? Doesn't AnyDVD unreference the bad cells properly so FixVTS can remove them? Or what?
This is (almost?) impossible, as other programs like CloneDVD2 would puke, too.

That's what I thought some decrypters to do the copy-protection. unreferences it so it is easier to clean up afterwards.

The Dutch Version of Open Season is not to be copied! I'm using AnyDVD 6114 and CloneDVD 2903.
Good find. Arccos is not removed at the end of the feature. I'll prepare a beta which fixes this.

I sometimes wonder if Sony protection developers will read this thread and attack Anydvd with newer protections based on information we provide publically. :(

Yea it may be nice to not let visitors see some of the forum content maybe?

That's not my decision to make. But the thing is I'm sure the Sony protection devs also own Anydvd.

Last edited:
What good what this do? They could simply register.
The information here isn't that interesting anyway. They have certainly more fun reverse engineering AnyDVD & CloneDVD. :D

I say let them reverse engineer it. When they do interesting things like Saw3 and Grudge2, it only makes James' life more interesting. :D We know he likes a challenge. LOL!

Well, there's one good thing about the new protections... at least they only show up on generic, mass-market pleasing (read: usually bad) trashy Hollywood films. As entertaining as some might find movies like Saw or The Grudge, they certainly aren't good movies.

Well, there's one good thing about the new protections... at least they only show up on generic, mass-market pleasing (read: usually bad) trashy Hollywood films. As entertaining as some might find movies like Saw or The Grudge, they certainly aren't good movies.

I certainly can't argue that. Saw3 was ok. I refuse to watch Grudge 1 or 2. They just seem stupid to me.

What good what this do? They could simply register.
The information here isn't that interesting anyway. They have certainly more fun reverse engineering AnyDVD & CloneDVD. :D

True there James.

Back