• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where r the updates?

While I love your idea... I think it's best left to be a user implimented workaround. This just so Slysoft doesn't get saddled with a 3rd party in the mix. I REALLY like the idea of upgrading the AnyDVD Ripper to do a rip that Shrink can handle. Hell, I'd even PAY for that option - and I'd pay for that a hell of a lot faster than I'd pay for CloneDVD2 to use as a giant band-aid. I'd rather wait for a permanent fix for AnyDVD than a cludge. Of course that's easy to say with Nero Recode2 in my stable.

-W
If you would even PAY for that - buy CloneDVD2. It *is* the best "AnyDVD ripper". :D
But for movie only & Shrink the current Ripper is fine. And while everybody says "it is an old version of FixVTS" - I took the liberty to add some small improvements on my own. And most of the changes in newer FixVTS versions are already done by the AnyDVD main program.

Last edited:
Maybe AnyDVD could have an option to scan VOBs though, just in case some people wanted to use it, but so that it wouldn't be mandatory.
No, you don't want AnyDVD to waste 15 minutes scanning, while CloneDVD would have moved the whole disc to your harddisk in the same time.

Last edited:
I dont know about you all,I already bouth AnyDVD and ClonedvD and Clone cd along time ago and i sometimes still use DVD shrink,but i have to say that the most of the time i use just AnyDVd with Clone DVd but 2 days ago i was not able to make a copy of open Season for my kids... It is a Pal version region 2 and for some reason it keeps getting stuck on 98 % percent wen ripping the movie.I tried ripping the full dvd nothing tried ripping only the main movie and just one language and also nothing.I tried it with different dvd burners,Plextor S ata 760-Sony DRU 810-Samsung S ata 183 A-Liteon 832 S and id did not work with any of these dvd writers.

So this has nothing to with Shrink or with a faulty original dvd because i was able to copy the full movie with Ripit4me and then FixVTS and then i could use CloneDVD or Shrink 3.2.

This proves that there are stil some movies that Anydvd and CloneDVD cant copy.

Please look here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=8974&postcount=173

You found a bug in AnyDVD which is hopefully fixed in this beta version. Let me know how it works.

Well, there's one good thing about the new protections... at least they only show up on generic, mass-market pleasing (read: usually bad) trashy Hollywood films. As entertaining as some might find movies like Saw or The Grudge, they certainly aren't good movies.

They do have a big following though, and I suspect they are chosen as a test for their copy protection schemes.

Open Season

Please look here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=8974&postcount=173

You found a bug in AnyDVD which is hopefully fixed in this beta version. Let me know how it works.

Downloaded and installed the beta, and it solved the probs I was having with Open Season R2. To start with, Clone DVD2 couldn't read past VTS_1_4....Cyclic Redundancy. With the update, sailed through, and burnt perfectly.

Thanks very much for that.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Downloaded and installed the beta, and it solved the probs I was having with Open Season R2. To start with, Clone DVD2 couldn't read past VTS_1_4....Cyclic Redundancy. With the update, sailed through, and burnt perfectly.

Thanks very much for that.:clap: :clap: :clap:
You're welcome. Thank you for trying it out! :bowdown:

If you would even PAY for that - buy CloneDVD2. It *is* the best "AnyDVD ripper". :D
But for movie only & Shrink the current Ripper is fine. And while everybody says "it is an old version of FixVTS" - I took the liberty to add some small improvements on my own. And most of the changes in newer FixVTS versions are already done by the AnyDVD main program.

Are you saying that ANY FULL DVD ripped to the hard drive with CloneDVD2 will then open in Shrink just like they used to?

Also.... still on the floor is my question: WTF did Sony *do* to caue all this starting with Saw3 - ie WHAT CHANGED?

-W

Are you saying that ANY FULL DVD ripped to the hard drive with CloneDVD2 will then open in Shrink just like they used to?
Yes, I am telling this for ages now... :doh:

Also.... still on the floor is my question: WTF did Sony *do* to caue all this starting with Saw3 - ie WHAT CHANGED?
Ask the author of Shrink. Ask Sony. I don't know.

No, you don't want AnyDVD to waste 15 minutes scanning, while CloneDVD would have moved the whole disc to your harddisk in the same time.

Yabut..... Don't the IFO's tell the player how to properly play the VOB's?

One would think you could scan the IFO's and then rip the VOB's correctly. It outta take about <2 minutes to scan the IFO's. Then, the user decides if he wants to spend the 15 minutes to rip. I agree that it would take as long to scan the VOB's as to rip them.

-W

Ask the author of Shrink. Ask Sony. I don't know.

Well... considering what you do... it's seems you're the most qualified here to hazzard an edjucated guess, based on you examinations of Saw3.

And it seems to me that your guesses are worth more than anyones here.

-W

great!

Hi there!...I'm new to this forum...I just wanted to let all who work on anydvd are doing a great job of keeping up with updates.Seems I turn around and another is available...ya'll deserve a break!!!!!!;)

AnyDVD updates?

Quite Frankly I don't see any movies that AnyDVD can't handle right now, So why do they need to update it? Great Job Slysoft!:bowdown:

Quite Frankly I don't see any movies that AnyDVD can't handle right now, So why do they need to update it? Great Job Slysoft!:bowdown:

-W (hands Bunny rip the "Golden Fleece" award. Mbaaaaaaaaa!!!! )

So, for all the movies that are having problems with Shrink right now, if you just keep the movie, is everything fine? You all are just talking about problems with copying the WHOLE DVD, menus and all, right?..that is with AnyDVD and Shrink.

open season

is any one having probs with vob 4 on open season anydvd/clone fails each time i try:confused:

My Only Question from the start was i have not seen any updates from anydvd for a while now..It came to a point that i would see updates from anydvd almost as often as 3-4 times a week , and i thought to myself "wow it`s great were getting the latest updates !". And ever since the grudge 2 and saw3 came out , i have not seen any updates. And believe me and for any of you who had anydvd for a while now, we are just used to seeing those updates..forget about shrink for now and if it is outdated. The point is Anydvd from the start states it works with all programs..ALL PROGRAMS..And I would never have given the updates a second thought before, if not for the movies mentioned before..(Saw3 , The Grudge2 , Open Season). Like i said before , Congrats on Anydvd-hd, but for us that have anydvd now and for sure will buy Anydvd-hd when comes out...You guys spoiled us with the updates and were used to seeing updates at least once a week..and it`s been more than 2 already?...I Am a proud owner of my copy of anydvd and wil be looking fwd for Anydvd-hd when you release..But as a consumer i believe i have the right to question a product i purchased and to get clarification if I "MIGHT" be mistaken...Thank You

AnyDVD should only be updated when needed, and nothing needs to be fixed right now, so no update is needed.

Back