• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where is MakeMKV?!!

Oh, you are mistaken, MakeMKV decrypts, and is certainly on some "most wanted" lists. Together with AnyDVD & Fab.

I wasn't aware of that! :eek:

Maybe that's why they took it off C-Net Download, and maybe that's how the "powers, that be" found him!

Mike should have stayed out of the decrytion business, and should have just improved/add features to Make MMV, and leave the decryption buisness to Slysoft. Because, IMHO, Slysoft is fare ahead of the race and has allot more experience in the DVD/Blu-Ray backup/decryption business than anyone.

So, you really think that you're on the "short list" or "most wanted lists? You may be, but you aren't in the USA or in any country that can catch you like Fab. Supposedly, they have a mailing addess in China, or that's what their website has, but that doesn't mean a thing these days. But I willing to bet that the "powers, that be" know exactly where they are!

Slysoft is located in the middle of no where in the ocean, on an island, with lots of beatiful single women sun bathing, while the Slysoft Development Team is working around the clock, keeping up with the latest copy protection schemes and feverishly programming Slyce so they will have the only and BEST Blu-Ray back-up program on the market! The Slysoft Development Team makes great sacrifices for all your registered (and some trial users) users of your products. You can't even ask for more! ;)

I hope that the situation with MakeMKV is resolved very soon.

I don't use the product, but it's nice to have more than one solution.

Of course, Slysoft is the Gold Standard and would be considered a win in horse racing. Everything else fights just for show.

While the situation is not ideal, the last known official version (1.7.7) is still available for download on other sites by doing a search. I found at least 3 sites that still have the installer available.

Do a web search and you should find one, I won't post links.

Won't do you a lot of good after a couple weeks, however. Unless, of course, you bought a license. :D

Won't do you a lot of good after a couple weeks, however. Unless, of course, you bought a license. :D

I know, which is one reason why I started using Handbrake for making MKV backups of my DVDs, the timed trial.

That's why I bought a license way way back a long time ago. It was supposed to be a temporary thing until "CloneBD" came out but as we know that took a bit longer to develop and is now called Slyce. So I've been using MakeMKV for a very long time now. It works well enough. I can't wait to see what Slyce can do. For now I still have MakeMKV and will continue to use it.

I wasn't aware of that! :eek:

Maybe that's why they took it off C-Net Download, and maybe that's how the "powers, that be" found him!

The "powers that be" sure weren't looking hard enough then because MakeMKV 1.7.7 for Mac is still up and downloadable on C-Net Download.

That's why I bought a license way way back a long time ago. It was supposed to be a temporary thing until "CloneBD" came out but as we know that took a bit longer to develop and is now called Slyce. So I've been using MakeMKV for a very long time now. It works well enough. I can't wait to see what Slyce can do. For now I still have MakeMKV and will continue to use it.

I only use MakeMKV or Handbrake on rare occasions, I normally don't make standalone video file rips of my DVDs, so buying a license for me would be a luxury.

Now backing up a full DVD using CloneDVD? Do that all the time. ;)

What is this "DVD" format you speak of? :D

I would think that he ment the regular DVDs or DVD HD, and not Blu-ray.

I only use MakeMKV or Handbrake on rare occasions, I normally don't make standalone video file rips of my DVDs, so buying a license for me would be a luxury.

Now backing up a full DVD using CloneDVD? Do that all the time. ;)
:agree:

well, MakeMKV's (possible) misfortune has been SlySoft's gain.. I purchased a lifetime key to AnyDVD HD... It's working quite well right now. :rock:

Thanks!

I do hope MakeMKV's situation is not dire, hopefully it'll be back soon.

well, MakeMKV's (possible) misfortune has been SlySoft's gain.. I purchased a lifetime key to AnyDVD HD... It's working quite well right now. :rock:

Thanks!

I do hope MakeMKV's situation is not dire, hopefully it'll be back soon.

...Controversial! You suggesting that SlySoft played a part in Mike's disappearance?! :eek:

Seriously, I am worried because if this is all down to 'the powers that be', does this mean that they'll be coming after us users next? Mike must've mailing lists etc.

I'm quite a new user of what I see is a perfectly acceptable product. But things like this make me nervous that I may get a knock at the door.

Would really like to hear Mike's comments on all this!

...Controversial! You suggesting that SlySoft played a part in Mike's disappearance?! :eek:

Seriously, I am worried because if this is all down to 'the powers that be', does this mean that they'll be coming after us users next? Mike must've mailing lists etc.

I'm quite a new user of what I see is a perfectly acceptable product. But things like this make me nervous that I may get a knock at the door.

Would really like to hear Mike's comments on all this!

huh? I think you misread my post. All I was saying is that, *unintentionally*, SlySoft gained a customer in the wake of MakeMKV's (possible, we have no idea what is going on right now...) demise.

Or he went on vacation and forgot to pay the bill. Let's hope it's the less evil explanation. Mike is on doom9 and he hasn't posted anything yet so we have to wait.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Perhaps he decided to visit Kim Dotcom in New Zealand?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

As long as he's not visiting tpb guy in Cambodia...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Back