• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Where is MakeMKV?!!

ezryder

Hey guys,
Does anyone know where MakeMKV has gone? You go to the website and all you see is 'Account Suspended'!
Anyone got any insight into this?

nuked

I just saw this. Yep, their site has been nuked. :(
This can occur for several reasons, two of which are:

1. Web hosting account has expired. (less likely though)

2. Suspended by the host for some reason (e.g. violation of the Terms of Use, server resource over-usage, etc).

You don't need a crystal ball to see what happened.;) In the past they've been "down" for short periods but this looks like something very evil.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Does anyone know where MakeMKV has gone? You go to the website and all you see is 'Account Suspended'!
Anyone got any insight into this?

No, but I am a little bit worried.

It shouldn't affect slysoft directly but maybe it affect James on a personal level. James might use it himself to create mkv files.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

It shouldn't affect slysoft directly but maybe it affect James on a personal level. James might use it himself to create mkv files.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Oh, okay, that might explain that. But there are other progams out there that can do a similar job. Unless James has been DEPENDING on MakeMKV, I can see how transitioning to a new, and possibly inferiour to MakeMKV, wil affect him. Maybe, it might be a good thing because James might find something better...? :confused:

Oh, okay, that might explain that. But there are other progams out there that can do a similar job. Unless James has been DEPENDING on MakeMKV, I can see how transitioning to a new, and possibly inferiour to MakeMKV, wil affect him. Maybe, it might be a good thing because James might find something better...? :confused:

Take a step further and make suggestion to him. I also need an alternative as I have 'depended' on it. Since I've never had issue with it or loss of service I've never been inclined to re-invert that particular wheel. Any suggestions welcome!

James, why are you a little bit worried? Does this affect you or Slysoft in anyway? :confused:

No, it doesn't effect me in any way. And if you read my signature, you'll know that I usually don't speak for SlySoft.

I am worried, because this smells like an attack of the "powers, that be".
Sony, AACS, Macrovision (Rovio? Irdeto? How are they called today?), MPAA, CSS, ... pick your poison.

This usually isn't much fun.

Take a step further and make suggestion to him. I also need an alternative as I have 'depended' on it. Since I've never had issue with it or loss of service I've never been inclined to re-invert that particular wheel. Any suggestions welcome!

ADVERTISEMENT MODE
We'll have a new product soon, which will allow you to create MKVs.
/ADVERTISEMENT MODE

I hope Mike is well, and nothing serious happened.

No, I don't depend on MakeMKV. I never used it. I am just worried what might have happened to Mike, that's all.

Sony, AACS, Macrovision (Rovio? Irdeto? How are they called today?), MPAA, CSS, ... pick your poison.

I was thinking the same thing, something governmental sinister.

ADVERTISEMENT MODE
We'll have a new product soon, which will allow you to create MKVs.
/ADVERTISEMENT MODE

I hope Mike is well, and nothing serious happened.

Slyce? Or something else?

Do expect to get bombarded by demands for what soon means, something I know won't get answered. ;)

Ahem....pick up the pace on Slyce you slackers! :p ROFL! Seriously, though, this does suck for MakeMKV. I also hope Mike is ok as he's a really good guy. I've been using MakeMKV for quite some time now in combination with AnyDVD. This is not a good situation at all.

No, it doesn't effect me in any way. And if you read my signature, you'll know that I usually don't speak for SlySoft.

Perhaps MakeMKV can setup shop in Antigua? I hear St. John's is nice! :)

Well, you sort of received you answer from James, if you want to wait for Slyce, Slysoft's new and anticipated software that will be able to handle Blu-Ray discs like what CloneDVD 2 does for DVDs and more. If you can't wait, you can try going to : http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/blu-ray-to-avi-mkv-mp4. I hope this helps. 8)

I understand that what you say, is your opinion and you don't speak for Slysoft, but I respect what you say because you know what you're talking about and you are on the "inside" of the "DVD/Blu-Ray back up" programs. You also make it your business to know these types of things, or that what it seems to me.

What I can't understand is why would the "powers, that be" would go after someone who is just programming a "converting" program, Make MVK (one of the smaller guys), which doesn't decrypt anything and not the people/companies in the USA who are creating the decrypting and coping (all-in-one) programs (I won't mention any names of the competitor's products, but most of us know who they are).

That's why I thought that you were a little bit worried, because they, the "powers, that be", might want to come after Slysoft and somehow shut you down like they did with Mike, even though you aren't in the USA. But now I know that you were concerned about Mike, and I don't blame you. So would I! :agree:

I just hope that they, the "powers, that be", don't even try to attempt to, somehow, make things a little rough for Slysoft! You guys are doing the right thing! You have one program that decrypts (AnyDVD HD). Then, you have (really Elaborate Bytes) CloneDVD2 (which only copies and not decrypts), and SOON, hopefully, Slyce, which will be able to do everything (some day) the competitors programs do, but better, and hopefully with more features!

Just make sure, when Slyce is released, you let me know where to leave or send everything I own, have in the bank, pets, cars, insurance policies, home (I can ship it to you in pieces ;) ), but you won't be able to have my girlfriend, because by then, I won't have one! ;)

Keep up the good work and I hope to see Slyce released on, or before Monday, December 31, 2012 at 11:59PM! That is if the world doesn't end on December 21, 2012 according to the Mayan Calendar!!! ;)

What I can't understand is why would the "powers, that be" would go after someone who is just programming a "converting" program, Make MVK (one of the smaller guys), which doesn't decrypt anything ...

Oh, you are mistaken, MakeMKV decrypts, and is certainly on some "most wanted" lists. Together with AnyDVD & Fab.

I was thinking the same thing, something governmental sinister.

Or Maybe, he forgot, or didn't have the money to pay for his Web hosting company and/or IP. Remember, allot of programmers on the web, don't get rich off the programs that are freeware. Just ask the guys at Slysoft! Are they rich? I doubt it because their programs do what they promise and aren't bloatware/malware! They keep the "foot print" of AnyDVD, and the other wonderful programs Slysoft has, to a minimal, and it still does more than what Microsoft Windows does. Windows comes on a DVD now, but in the future, it could be on a double sided Blu-Ray disc (50Gbs). Then we'll need to have a 100Tb hard drive to install it on. ;)

Back