Where can i find the command line info??

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Lunchwagon, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Lunchwagon

Lunchwagon New Member

Does anyone know where I can find the command line data for AnyDVD HD??
    Hoping for the full feature set. Thanks in advance.

2. Galileo2000

Galileo2000 Well-Known Member

James, peer and Webslinger: I second this request.

Please help.

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  4. Lunchwagon

Lunchwagon New Member

I'm not in front of my devo machine right now, but if the OS sees the drive/content as fully unprotected, can I just use the WINXP command line syntax to copy to a HDD? I will try that and then head back here. Do you know if the GUI is really just interfacing the .dll that controls the AnyDVD software? This is listed as a "feature" of the AnyDVD software and I thought I might be able to get some answers using something other than the "bash head on desk and then keep typing" method.

5. Webslinger

That should work with the possible exception of these discs (if you want to use Shrink):
    http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

6. Galileo2000

7. Webslinger

I don't know how much help that is. You'd probably need peer or James to respond to this thread, sorry.

8. Galileo2000

Yes, we do, but thank you again.

Hope James and peer will join us shortly.

9. Webslinger

If James and peer are really busy right now, you folks might have better luck contacting Slysoft and asking: http://www.slysoft.com/contact.html

(I'm not sure).

10. Galileo2000

We did.

No response so far.

We do have something new and exciting in development and it will help SlySoft a lot if we can make it happen.

11. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Hi there!

I don't exactly know, what to answer to this thread - I simply don't quite get the question. (is there one?) :confused:

12. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Sure. Type "copy" or "xcopy" from the command prompt.

13. Galileo2000

peer,

the question is, is there console/command prompt equivalent to the right-click om the AnyDVD icon and selection of the "Rip to HDD" menu item.

The goal is to make the ripping happening w/o requiring any action from the end user when the application LuncHWagon is working on is active.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  14. James

Lunchwagon?

Anyway, you can copy from any batch file or the command prompt:

xcopy /e /i X:\ C:\Target

where "X" is your source drive and "C:\Target" is your target directory.

15. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Well, yes, xcopy, copy, ... does it nicely.

16. Galileo2000

So, as simple as that?

With AnyDVD HD running, everything can be copied from the HD DVD disc to the HDD just by using xcopy?

Thanks James and peer!

17. Lunchwagon

Lunchwagon New Member

Thanks. I understand the copy part. Is there a way from the command line to set the drive speed? Meaning when i want to copy, i want fast drive speed. When I want to play, i want slow drive speed. Essentially can I toggle the check box for drive speed from the command line?
    Thanks for the heads up on the other stuff.
    CM

18. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

Not to add confusion to this already confused topic, but, this is not equivalent to selecting the AnyDVD Ripper function. What they are asking for is a command line option to kick off the ripper functionality (which uses the CloneDVD ripping code) vs a straight copy which does not fix up the DVD structure.

19. James

You're right, but being asked in the AnyDVD HD thread, I assumed HD DVDs or BD discs are going to be copied.

20. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

That's a good point. But, a command line interface to the ripper would be interesting. Probably a pain to add, though.