• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

When will the promised revision of CloneDVD mobile eventuate

antipodes

About a year and a half ago James made an announcement to the effect that users of CloneDVDmobile could expect big changes to the program since then James has been silent on this matter and no big changes have been announced.

To my mind the program has deteriorated. Frank Hollander announced thatthe program could not be fixed until the CloneBD engine had been developed. Well CloneBD has been going for several years now and now excuses have been provided by RedFox as to why nothing has been done. Accordingly I would like an official statement on the future of this program.

you got my vote. I've been using a combined suite of other products like makemkv, VSO, but they're just no match for the easy-to-use UI, code resilience. This thing needs to become a reality, and its long extremely long overdue.

About a year and a half ago James made an announcement to the effect that users of CloneDVDmobile could expect big changes to the program since then James has been silent on this matter and no big changes have been announced.

To my mind the program has deteriorated. Frank Hollander announced that the program could not be fixed until the CloneBD engine had been developed. Well CloneBD has been going for several years now and now excuses have been provided by RedFox as to why nothing has been done. Accordingly I would like an official statement on the future of this program.
Frank Hollander unfortunately passed away before the program was finished. :(

@RedFox1 Yes Frank Hollander is deceased but well before his untimely demise he had conducted a thorough review of the problems being encountered by CloneDVD Mobile and he concluded that no development of the program would occur until the CloneBD was available. However my point is that James made a statement in November or thereabouts that big changes would becoming for CloneDVD Mobile soon. I am asking when are these changes are going to eventuate.

@RedFox1 On 27 March 2019 James posted "A new CloneDVD mobile is on the way...". Yes I was wrong about the date but perhaps you can reveal what progress has been made since that announcement which caused a lot of excitement.

+1 There are a lot of movies and TV shows that just are not available on BD, so the only option for them is DVD.

+1 There are a lot of movies and TV shows that just are not available on BD, so the only option for them is DVD.
... and CloneDVD (mobile) work quite well.

I was a little bit too optimistic.

Considering thats now 2.5 years in the past, whats the current cautionary view status on this. Has there been any work on one this? Is SOMETHING even in the works? It desperately needs an update.

@RedFox1 On 27 March 2019 James posted "A new CloneDVD mobile is on the way...". Yes I was wrong about the date but perhaps you can reveal what progress has been made since that announcement which caused a lot of excitement.
"Patience is a virtue".;)

For me CloneDVDMobile 1.9.5.0 works as advertised, if a bit slower than the later versions. It is with the later versions I've had intermittent problems.

Back