• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

When To Start Using AnyDVD?

therealpadd

I have just got a brand new UK laptop which has a DVD rewriter. I want to use this in the US and in the UK for both reading and writing of data DVDs in the appropriate format. Is it correct that I have to start using AnyDVD straightaway so that my DVD writer does not get its region code assigned by use? (from what I was told in PC World (yes - I know what some of you will think!) the region code is set after the DVD writer has been used a couple of times and after that cannot be unset by the user). Also, does the use of CDs in the unit also trigger the assigning of this region code? The laptop I have is an HP T2600 and at the moment I have just switched it on and let it go through initial Vista setup (Home Basic). The next step that I would do is to create the recovery disks either on CD or DVD and I want to make sure that I don't do anything now that might stop me doing what I want in the future

To answer part of your post.
Region code can be reset a limited number of times.
Make your Recovery discs BEFORE you do anything else.

Back