when is anydvd coming to mac

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by kyrunner, Feb 4, 2007.

1. kyrunner

kyrunner Well-Known Member

please come to mac we need a good dvd program

2. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

Probably not anytime soon if ever from what I've heard from Slysoft people.

3. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

So this doesn't help you?

4. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

It's pretty much completely unlikely that AnyDVD will ever be ported to Mac OS or Linux from what has been posted in the past by Slysoft concerning the matter. Their reasoning makes sense.

As has already been posted VirtualPC will work for PowerPC Mac. With Apple switching over to Intel CPUs I don't think VirtualPC will run on the newer Intel-based systems. Try Parallels (http://www.parallels.com). It's very promising and definitely better than VMWare and VirtualPC from what I've seen.

5. khlb

khlb Well-Known Member

What about Apple's Bootcamp?

Taken directly from Apple's site:

Macs do Windows, too
    As elegant as it gets

Boot Camp lets you install Windows XP without moving your Mac data, though you will need to bring your own copy to the table, as Apple Computer does not sell or support Microsoft Windows.

6. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

You would then install windows on a partition the install anydvd on that. This is how you would do it then.

7. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Sorry, I forgot to mention BootCamp. The difference there is that you have to reboot into Windows and have no access to your Mac OS. With VMWare or Parallels you can access both OS's at the same time and Parallels have some really sweet features in the Mac version.

8. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing out the very important boot issue DrinkLyeAndDie.
    I also recommend using Parallels. It makes the process a lot easier.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  9. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Not to be cold... but I think Mac (and Linux) users are "rebels against the evil machine".

Now that's all well and good.... but there is a lot more software available to those that join MS Borg....... than not. :D

-W

10. shreak

shreak New Member

I tried to use parallels and AnyDVD on my MacBook Pro and every DVD showed up as unprotected, even when they were. Is anyone using Parallels and AnyDVD successfully?

Shreak