• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

When Do I Get To Buy CloneBD

Eug7

I could really use CloneBD. Using my handy dandy AnyDvd HD put too may movies on the hard drive. Love to be able to offload them to a BD-R 25. Will there be a need for beta testers?

I could really use CloneBD. Using my handy dandy AnyDvd HD put too may movies on the hard drive. Love to be able to offload them to a BD-R 25. Will there be a need for beta testers?

They from what I heard or hinted are already testing that program already..

There is ALWAYS a need for beta testors for new software programs.

Until CloneBD is main stream, here is an alternative:

AnyDVD HD
Clown_BD or TSMUXER or BD Rebuilder
Imgburn

Clown_BD = 1st choice with NO compression
TSMUXER = 2nd choice with NO compression
BD Rebuilder= 1st choice with compression

:agree:

Note I never noted or hinted there was such program in existance or in testing. I simply stated they are working on it and it is alot more to it than just BD Cloning.

Thank You

Maybe Slysoft is doing a pre-order thing, and you get early access to betas, like most game companies do.

Of course, there's a 10% extra off, when pre-ordering ;)

LOL only if I knew but we will have to wait and see.

Charlie: You stated they are working on it. I would take that as a hint.

Fast Eddie: You would need compression capability. That is the point of a CloneDVD for Blu-ray. I tried BD Rebuilder but it did nothing but crash on me. It's doesn't have the quality/capability that a Slysoft product would have.

This product is definitely needed as Blu-ray emerges and begins to supersede DVD's.

How long does Slysoft already work on it?? Two years?

We should at least be informed, what´s the current status is... If it´s even possible to create a programm that transcodes BDs the way CloneDVD did.
We´re working on it is not satisfying.
Just my humble opinion!

aaronwt: Compress to fit on a BD-R 25. 50GB writeables will probably go the way of the DVD DL and always be cost prohibitive. I suspect CloneBD (if there will be such a product) would allow the removal of unwanted movie previews and such to minimize compression while maintaining the Blu-ray or movie structure.

This product is definitely needed as Blu-ray emerges and begins to supersede DVD's.

Last I heard, Netflix's Blu-Ray customers are at about 10%. (Although some of that may be related to the fact that 90% of Netflix's Blu-Rays arrive cracked and unplayable.)

DVD is still predominate at this point, and may continue to be for some time, as they are more portable, compatible, and "tried and true" so to speak. Upscaling players are available for a few hundred dollars nowadays that contain technology that is superior to scalers that cost over $20,000 in 2001, and are able to produce a very good "HD like" picture.

Eug7 wrote

Charlie: You stated they are working on it. I would take that as a hint.
Fast Eddie: You would need compression capability. That is the point of a CloneDVD for Blu-ray. I tried BD Rebuilder but it did nothing but crash on me. It's doesn't have the quality/capability that a Slysoft product would have.

Eug7 obviously can't use a computer properly, BD-Rebvuilder works perfectly, the quality is brilliant. If BD-Rebuilder keeps crashing on your machine how do you know what the quality is? And stating that all slysoft's products have always giving good quality I suggest you buy CloneDVDMobile. If you are going to comment about programs please have the decency to at least know what you are talking about. I sometimes wonder how some people manage to feed theirselves:doh:

I realize that and it has been mentions by the devs they are too. There is even a public alpha too. Note not a compressor or burner though.

Eug7 wrote

Blu-Ray will not supersede DVD's. Maybe the next hi-def format will on different media. But I agree with P.P. - so long as upscaling players are available on the cheap - DVD's will remain dominant.

-W

That's all I buy now basically is Blu-Ray versions. DVD Upscaling is okay but there is a huge difference between the sound and video of blu-ray over the standard DVD.

Blu-Ray will not supersede DVD's. Maybe the next hi-def format will on different media. But I agree with P.P. - so long as upscaling players are available on the cheap - DVD's will remain dominant.

-W

Not only that but one must also remember this is a world wide product not just a US or Euro market. That is the reason why DVD and CD will be with us for a long time. Anyone thinking BD will kill those other two formats are looking at a rosy picture. And not everyone wants BD just cause it's the newest or highest resolution. As anything you must also spend a good deal of money for the hardware to get the playback and viewablity to enjoy BD and for some that is out of reach and in this time and day isn't going to to pay one back anytime soon.

-W

Very nice way to look at it so the companies just need to double or triple the price of the standard stand alone burners/players then Blu-Ray will be the masses at its current price?

I agree with your analogy but Blu will be dominant for some time before there is another format or formats for that matter arise. Maybe they just need cheaper stand alone players and drop about another 5 - 10 bucks off the movies and keep the blanks and the PC Burners as is this could balance things out I feel.

The features the forthcoming Slysoft CloneBD software program should have:

1. Entire disk back-up or movie only back-up or special clip back-up.
2. Create M2TS file(s) or MPLS (playlist files) from the source disk.
3. Build back-up with or without compression.
4. Options for fitting on a BD-5 or BD-9 or BD-R
5. Build a compliant Blu-ray structure
6. Select only the audio and subtitles you want to back-up including hi def audio.
7. Output in ISO image format and folder (BDMV) format
8 Splitting by blank disk size and by chapters, chapter size same as on the source Blu-ray disk

:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
all I need is...

I prefer & am doing entire BluRay DVD movie back ups now with (see sig) using Verbatim BD-R DL's @ $12...I have no need for reauthoring ....MY WISH? a $1.99 Verbatim BD-R 50gb/DL.... I know, those poor folks in Hell want Ice Water too!

Back