• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What's wrong? Tried 4 bluray iso only 2 play w/o a glitch

dennlv

I just chance upon SamuriHL's guide on ripping bluray movies as protected ISO. I think it is a good method for me to play bluray on my bluray drive-less htpc with latest pdvd 7.3 installed.

I ripped, using my ps3, the following 4 bluray movies to iso format but only movie 1 and 2 plays without a glitch;

1) KungFu Hustle
2) Celine Dion live in las vegas
3) Spiderman 3
4) Resident Evil Extinction

Issue with 3 and 4 is it just gets me to the looping main menu and I cant click on play at all.

Attached the log file and tried ripping Spiderman 3 again gives the same looping menu and clicking on play does nothing.

I hope I can get solution so I can buy Anydvd HD at 20% before 28th Sept 2008.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_I_SPIDER_MAN_3.zip
    134.4 KB · Views: 1
On BD's with java menu's you can't use the mouse to control the menu you have to use the keyboard

You don't give any system specs (CPU, graphics card) etc, they can be a factor on whether you can play back high bitrate blu-rays

Thanks! That was spot on!

omg it just a enter key away...have not been using my pdvd so did not know the java menu wont work...

What cpu, and graphics card are you using as that could be the reason why some stutter

the issue is not stuttering but me cant figure out a way to start the movie. like you said java menu does not response to mouse click. enter key was wat resolved my issue.

anyway i am on e6600, 2gb, 7900gs and played sipderman 3 smoothly just now. This was built like 2 yrs ago and still good enuf for me :)

Thanks again.

EDIT: oh this htpc is connected to a projector, the stutter from my log files? i connect using vnc was that detected as well? cool!

Last edited:
Oh geeze, that was the issue?! :D Oops. I have a PowerDVD remote so I don't think of those things at all when troubleshooting. Sorry about that.

Yah man that was the issue. And not having a keyboard near me did not help as well. :)

Anyway good stuff you got and thanks for sharing all these.

I am still in time to buy Anydvd HD with 20% discount :).

I'm glad you got it sorted it out and that it turned out to be so easy to fix. Those are always good. Oh, and btw, I recommend the PowerDVD remote. :D LOL!

i got the windows media center remote and it works perfect with windows media center my movies and powerdvd. just a thought

Yea, that works, too. I have a bunch of those kicking around and they work.

I know its not helpful

But I think your PC and Blu-ray players, having been subjected to burning and playing No 2 on the list, packed it in.

HA!

As an aside, I had a similar problem with Jane Austen Book Club and what I can come up with, is during the rip, I was always working on the PC. Every now and then AnyDVD would pause while waiting for system resources to become available. That was the only rip where I saw that message, and its the one that stutters. I now rip/mux/burn Blu-ray without anything else going on and when I reburn Jane again, we'll see what happens.

But I think your PC and Blu-ray players, having been subjected to burning and playing No 2 on the list, packed it in.

HA!

As an aside, I had a similar problem with Jane Austen Book Club and what I can come up with, is during the rip, I was always working on the PC. Every now and then AnyDVD would pause while waiting for system resources to become available. That was the only rip where I saw that message, and its the one that stutters. I now rip/mux/burn Blu-ray without anything else going on and when I reburn Jane again, we'll see what happens.
This has nothing to do with the OP's problem, his problem was that he didn't realise that on some discs the mouse is disabled so you have to use the keyboard to navigate around, which you would have realised if you'd read through the whole thread

Back